PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars reload bonus hard to clear?

Unproven
11-08-2006, 02:52 AM
So i just lost 163 dollars on bodog in the past month. I first deposited 30, then 20, then 30, then 30, then 53. And now I only have 100 bucks left in my bank. (college freshman)

But i need money really badly by thanksgiving break which is officially 14 days from today (nov. 8). So with the 100 bucks left, I'm thinking of redepositing it but I'm not sure where to deposit. Bodog only has a 10% reload bonus. But Pokerstars has a 100% bonus as well as Full Tilt and Ultimate Bet.

I need micro tables (probably 10max or 25max) cause I only have 100 dollars to deposit. Which site has a ridiculous bonus clearance rate and which one has a generous one? Or should I not even be looking at bonuses since I'll be playing so low. Thoughts, suggestions, comments are welcome

Vern
11-08-2006, 02:59 AM
Stars has the best variety of micro tables, but you need $8 pots to clear the bonus.

UB has the second best variety of micro tables and the bonus clears as soon as the pot start getting rakes, just really slow.

Full Tilt's clears really slow at micro and NL10 has a 10% rake which is brutal.

If you have rake back, I think UB+Bonus+Rakeback would be the best, but without rakeback, Stars is the place for $100 clearing.

PietM
11-08-2006, 03:01 AM
I would try this at the Internet Bonuses (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=bonus) forum.

HBomb
11-08-2006, 03:03 AM
I did the $400 max deposit on stars for a goldstar and I was able to clear it literally within 2-3 days with the # hours that I played. It's basically free money if you can at least break even over the required # hands to get the required FPPs.

Unproven
11-08-2006, 03:19 AM
What's goldstar??

Push_Fold
11-08-2006, 03:25 AM
FTP might be tough to clear at micros but it releases in $20 increments.

HBomb
11-08-2006, 03:32 AM
If you've played on pokerstars within the last 6-8 months or so now, they've introduced a new marketing scheme in which you earn these "credit card" type looking things that are given to players based on the # of frequent player points (FPPS) that they rack up monthly. I believe there are at least 4 cards, maybe 5. Each level you move up in the star system , it allows you to join more freerolls with bigger payouts, choose better gifts, and best of all, earn more FPP's at faster rates, which just allow you do move up to the next level faster.

redCashion
11-08-2006, 09:17 AM
Also, people don't talk about this much but you can cash out FPP for cash. At 25k FPP I think it's $285. I've been on PS about a month and a half and am up to 17k so far playing $50 tables, so it's not that hard to get.

Reef
11-08-2006, 09:19 AM
"Pokerstars reload bonus hard to clear?"

at micros NL10 and below - nearly impossible
NL25 and NL50 - takes very long

kabouter
11-08-2006, 11:04 AM
True I only got 21FPP or something, I play 10 and 25nl. So I guess at 50nl i would have had something like 100 now. But still I think limit players clear this bonus the fastest.

kazana
11-08-2006, 11:07 AM
If you really need the money, you shouldn't gamble with it.
Probably not what you want to hear, but true nevertheless.

Badger83
11-08-2006, 11:31 AM
FWIW,

I have played about 12,000 hands of 6 max .02/.05 NL ($10) at PS and am now the proud owner of about 150 FPP, so another couple of months and I get my $50 bonus.

Archon_Wing
11-08-2006, 03:23 PM
If you are a uNL player, play sngs to clear the bonus instead.

kurto
11-08-2006, 03:29 PM
If you need the money you shouldn't be putting it into poker.

If you need the money, especially after you showed that you don't appear to be either a winning player or at least are on a bad run, then depositing what you have on a poker site is just foolish.

XRolandX
11-10-2006, 05:43 PM
As a parent of a college freshman, I have to ask; what is the source of your "wealth"? Did you earn the $100, was it a graduation present, or an allowance from your parents? If you earned the dough; do what you want, play cards, buy books, get a hooker, whatever. But if you received the money as a gift (allowance) then you have a moral obligation to use it for school or living expenses, and not poker. So, if it's your hard-earned cash, I would buy a few good poker books and start reading, because you clearly are not winning - sure it could be variance, but my guess is you see the flop at least 50% of the time. So buy some good poker books, finish that term paper that's sitting half done on your computer and don't get sucked into poker at the expense of your college experience. There's plenty of time to decide what to do with that AK off suit!

whodatdare
11-10-2006, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you really need the money, you shouldn't gamble with it.
Probably not what you want to hear, but true nevertheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

kurto
11-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Out of curiousity, I just read the rest of this guy's posts.

Dude, if you're still around, you're clearly a novice. You appear to be in school (college or boarding school, I'm not sure which)... but you should realize that you don't have the spare money to be gambling it away and I'm guess you don't have a firm grasp on poker.

The very fact that you need the money you have and you're trying to figure out which site to put it in considering your track record so far is a sign of bad things to come.

Please the free games for now. Or play the .02 tables for fun. And get a job.

kaz2107
11-10-2006, 09:44 PM
well it sounds like u dont have a great shot no matter wut u do so i sy u deposit tha cash on stars and play 2 50nl tables and hope to run hott for a wek or so then quit until u get better at poker.

other wise get a job

avfletch
11-10-2006, 09:49 PM
I appreciate the sentiment of everyone suggesting reading poker books but frankly I think your money would be better spent in savings account and just reading 2+2 for a while. Poker books are really good when you have a proper feel for the game but they are all trying to teach you a highly advanced system that works for someone else.

2+2, especially the low stakes forums, is all about teaching you fundamental poker concepts that will help you become a winning player and able to comprehend the stuff the books teach.