PDA

View Full Version : 25NL PP w/ overcard question

lippy
11-07-2006, 11:15 PM
Please note that I was neither the hero nor the villain in this hand, I just have a question or two about it. I would not play it as played... I am wondering what you would do, as the Hero, on the turn.

I had to format by hand so hopefully it isn't confusing.

Hero has $21.80
Villain covers.

Hero: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif

Pre-flop:

2 folds. Hero raises
to $1. 1 fold. Villain calls.

Flop (board: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5h):

Villain checks. Hero bets 2.25.
Villain calls.

Turn (board: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif):

Villain checks. Hero bets $6.75.
Villain goes all-in for $22.50.
Hero ... call $12.80 or fold?

Now, questions;

How bad is a call here ($12.8 to win $39.1)?

What percentage of the time is this a bluff/semi-bluff?

What is your play as hero?

Big Poppa Smurf
11-07-2006, 11:18 PM
against an unknown i would probably fold here, but this is a very opponent specific problem here

CrustyFace
11-07-2006, 11:23 PM
I have found that at lower levels people are more than happy to have someone bet at them when they hold a good hand, then try and stack you on the river convinced that you also have a good hand.

If he has flopped a pair of Ks, holding say AK, he isn't going to fear alot of hands. People will marry TPTK. At the turn, if you think he has paired the K, then you are looking to hit one of the two remaining 7s to beat him.

To hit your cards is 2/46, so you are blatently getting nowhere near your odds to draw, with no implied odds either.

If he is in the blinds, especially the BB, he could have called with a small pair and flopped a set here. In which case your odds to draw are also bad.

I would fold here every time, but knowing where both players are sitting would help.