PDA

View Full Version : How did i play this?

CrustyFace
11-07-2006, 11:00 PM
Hey all, another hand for you.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
8 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $3.80
UTG+1: $11.25
MP1: $13.80
MP2: $3.90
Crustyface: $10.65
Button: $8.90
SB: $15.10
BB: $8.95

Pre-flop: (8 players) Crustyface is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Crustyface raises to $0.2</font>, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($0.75, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.3</font>, Crustyface calls, Button folds.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($1.35, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $0.3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Crustyface raises to $0.9</font>, UTG calls.

River: A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($3.15, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $2.4</font>, Crustyface calls.

Results:
Final pot: $7.95

Preflop:

I raised preflop here only small, mainly because it is a tight table, but also because i'd been pretty stagnant recently.

Flop:

I felt that if he had hit the J that i have pretty good implied odds, there were lots of ways that i could beat him, so i took this risk.

Turn:

Being in late position really helped here. I was sure that his bet, being the size of his flop bet, indicated that he was trying to be aggressive but because the king was an over card to him, he didn't want to risk too much more.

I chose to raise as a semi-bluff. A tight player would give it up, however a loose player here enforces my implied odds reasoning. I also get more outs here ofcourse and even if i miss my straight draw, a K or Q gives me a good chance to bluff him out of the pot since i raised the turn.

Have i got this nailed or am i mile off?

Thanks,

CrustyFace

CaucasianAsian29
11-07-2006, 11:01 PM
Fold on the flop!!

CrustyFace
11-07-2006, 11:10 PM
I gave my reasons for folding, it wasn't because the cards held value, it was because i was trying to maintain an image.

CaucasianAsian29
11-07-2006, 11:25 PM
I think your pretty off here. You need to raise more PF =4x+1per limper. Dont' worry about your table image so much, you should concentrate on learning ABC TAG Poker. On the flop just fold, do you know what your odds of hitting a Straight are by the river?

Yah sorry I meant Straight

CrustyFace
11-07-2006, 11:29 PM
Flush? Do you mean straight?

Dans Full
11-08-2006, 12:23 AM
I think you got very lucky here, making the nuts on the river. You said the table had been pretty tight...which is exactly why, if you want to play this hand, you need to raise it up more...winning the blinds with a hand this week is a very good result.

Your turn raise makes alot of sense...if you were playing at higher limits. with these micro limits, the chances of you chasing someone with top pair are very slim.

But at least you were thinking like a poker player...gotta give you props for that.

Triggerle
11-08-2006, 04:14 AM
A pre-flop minraise won't push anyone out of the hand, it just ups the stakes for the hand by making the pot bigger.

Why would you choose a hand as weak as QTo to up the stakes?