PDA

View Full Version : Building a table image, or is it having one built for you?

CrustyFace
11-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Alot of the time i will start at a table hoping that i can build an image of a bit of an loose idiot (which i probably am /images/graemlins/laugh.gif), basically build myself some +EV for later.

My question is, how do you do this when you are dealt absolutely nothing for 30 mins. This is happening to me as we speak, i am on a flops seen % of 17% and dropping. This isn't because i am to afraid to get in there, but simple because any half decent hands i get are out of position and getting a raise.

This makes me feel as though the cards are dictating how i appear at a table.

What can i do?

CrustyFace
11-07-2006, 10:29 PM
bump /images/graemlins/smile.gif

skegvegaspoker
11-07-2006, 11:00 PM
You need bad cards to build such an image. Show down a couple of 53o from the buttons and you are away.

CrustyFace
11-07-2006, 11:02 PM
Ok, that's an alternative view. I like it. So as long as it isn't too expensive for me, mainly last position, i can aim to lose a few bucks here and there with [censored] cards.

BadLieutenant
11-07-2006, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You need bad cards to build such an image. Show down a couple of 53o from the buttons and you are away.

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't know 50NL players pay close atention to the action.

CrustyFace
11-07-2006, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't know 50NL players pay close atention to the action.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think it is a case of never playing with too much trickery at these stakes and just playing a rock solid game.

xGREGORx
11-07-2006, 11:31 PM
Your profits at 50NL come from value betting and making less/smaller mistakes than your opponents. Save the trickery for playing at higher limits when more of your opponents will be paying attention.