Hero is at seat 6 with $5.82.
LP is at seat 7 with $3.28.
Button is at seat 8 with $2.06.
SB is at seat 9 with $4.60.

SB posts the small blind of $.05.
BB posts the big blind of $.10.

Dealt to Hero: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Pre-flop:
UTG Folds. UTG+1 raises to $.35. 3 folds. Hero calls. 4 Folds.

Flop ($0.85) (board: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif):
UTG+1 bets $.85. Hero raises to $3.40.
UTG+1 calls.

Turn ($7.65) (board: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif):
UTG+1 goes all-in for $1.05. Hero calls.

River ($9.75) (board: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif):
(no action in this round)

OK, so I had just sat down maybe an orbit before, and was mainly watching Pardon the Interruption and playing ABC, brain-dead poker (which I do when occupied but feel like playing). I also but in for only 50bb when watching TV, or reading while playing. Anyways, closest thing to a read was 2 hands of the previous 6 or so (both during a commercial) he had laid down to a re-raise on the flop.

Anyone re-raise PF?

From his bet on flop, I'm thinking AK. I was reading a thread about making reads, and committing yourself to them by saying them aloud, which I try to do. I think I have the best hand, and have to dodge 6 outs twice so only 24.1% for him to improve. I re-raise the pot and he calls. That re-raise is to everyone's liking?

On river, a K comes...I think I have probably just been caught. I can't fold $1.05 into a pot $8.70 can I?

Later, I'll post results.

I have this hand posted because I think I play TT, JJ, QQ, AK and AQ the worst out of any hands I play.

Thanks. BTW, I include my thought process because if I am making errors in that (please no tv/reading comments, I often play fewer tables, and risk less when I have an itch to play, but do something else.) then my thought process and the method of which I come to my choices should be considered.

Check_The_Nuts
11-07-2006, 08:01 PM
if your going to raise the flop, just push. Don't leave yourself with a dollar back.

I'd probably flat call the flop, and see if he bets the turn. A lot of this depends on his aggression/how stupid he is, especially in full ring.

As played turn is a real nobrainer call.

iraise50
11-07-2006, 08:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
if your going to raise the flop, just push. Don't leave yourself with a dollar back.

I'd probably flat call the flop, and see if he bets the turn. A lot of this depends on his aggression/how stupid he is, especially in full ring.

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean no disrespect, after all it is me asking for help, but can it possibly be right to smooth call this flop? I don't yet understand why it is the correct play. If he bets the turn am I pushing all in there? With the turn that actually came, it's an over...I'm more confused, not less after this answer.

iraise50
11-08-2006, 12:12 AM
SO does anyone else smooth call this flop? Then you are betting the turn?

Check_The_Nuts
11-08-2006, 12:21 AM
was just gunna bump this with a reply, weird coincidence....

I figured call the flop, if he pots into me on the king I'm probably beat (unless he's really loose, but in that case your better off pushing the flop). My reasoning would be he has no idea what you have, but he's willingly putting in about 80% of his stack not knowing.

Its really hard to answer this question without a hand range or knowing how aggressive he is. On stars its almost always just huge hands that pot into me on the flop acting OOP. Cbet frequency matters a lot too.

Would appreciate other answers a lot.... In 6max I'd be raising this hand in position all the time, so it never really plays like this for me.

iraise50
11-08-2006, 01:35 AM
OK, I see that, I just think better to be stronger on the flop...seems ideal. I'd be mad walking into a set, or overs, but the flop seems the only time I get him with the worst of it.