PDA

View Full Version : Hand against a 2p2er

allaboutmyfetti
11-07-2006, 03:55 PM
Pretty sure I played this hand wrong.

Villian is a tag-playin 2p2er and knows I am too. Probably sees me C-bet a ton but so far hasn't been 3betting me very light.

I don't have HH so this is from memroy.

50NL

I open for $2 in CO with 86s, villian calls OTB, everyone else flop.

Flop(~$4) - 6 Q Q (no runner flush draw for me)

Hero checks !?

dregal
11-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Meh, I don't mind checking in this spot. Villain prob calls a CB with a wide range here, and then we are left in [censorsed] spot OOP on the turn.

allaboutmyfetti
11-07-2006, 04:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Meh, I don't mind checking in this spot. Villain prob calls a CB with a wide range here, and then we are left in [censorsed] spot OOP on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't mind 2-barreling on a non-broadway board ... i was more concerned about villian raising a wide range of hands (Q, PPs as well as air) and pushing me off the best hand when he did so with air.

dregal
11-07-2006, 05:11 PM
Yeah, I should have mentioned that in my original post. Same idea though...this board offers a decent player an opportunity to make a move on you in pos.

If I am villian, and I view you as a solid Tag, I think given you're opening range in the CO I would float/rasie this flop a good percentage of the time in pos.

n1nj4.br
11-07-2006, 05:33 PM
if u think he is good, cbet and c/r ai turn.
If he raises u on flop, push.

allaboutmyfetti
11-08-2006, 12:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if u think he is good, cbet and c/r ai turn.
If he raises u on flop, push.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do we really want to play our hand like the nuts here on the flop?

OK im a 'tard for forgetting the mention that the flop was 2-tone.

I finally got access to the entire HH so here it is:

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $41.50
UTG+1: $49.25
Hero: $61.90
Button: $60.45
SB: $65.95
BB: $10.70

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.75, 2 players)
Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($4.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $8.5</font>, Hero ??

n1nj4.br
11-08-2006, 12:28 AM
if u check flop, betting turn is bad and now u have to fold.

allaboutmyfetti
11-08-2006, 01:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
eh .. why? cuz we're obv weak? I was contemplating a c/c&lt;, c/f or just a c/f on the turn but for some reason I squeezed out a bet instead.

Check_The_Nuts
11-08-2006, 01:13 AM
he looks like fin QJ or JJJ. Any bet from you is gunna cost too much to make it worthwhile.

Checking turn might be better, since a check raise on turn reps strength still. Its really the bet after the cbet that wins these battles most IMO.

n1nj4.br
11-08-2006, 02:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
eh .. why? cuz we're obv weak? I was contemplating a c/c&lt;, c/f or just a c/f on the turn but for some reason I squeezed out a bet instead.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet turn is bad because its hard to think about a hand that are behind us and will call your bet. Other than that, if a hand do call u, it will hard to play on river, no matter what card cames. U'll get bluffed a % of time on flop and a not so small % of time on river.

So, c/c turn and c/f river if u think he can fire with air on turn. Check fold if he is not that agressive.

allaboutmyfetti
11-08-2006, 02:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet turn is bad because its hard to think about a hand that are behind us and will call your bet. Other than that, if a hand do call u, it will hard to play on river, no matter what card cames. U'll get bluffed a % of time on flop and a not so small % of time on river.

So, c/c turn and c/f river seems the best line imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Turn bet was for protection against the many overcards that may come. Mayb eminimal FE over slightly higher PPs?

n1nj4.br
11-08-2006, 02:25 AM
alla, your FE there is very low to make your bet worth.

allaboutmyfetti
11-08-2006, 02:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
alla, your FE there is very low to make your bet worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

right, i was mainly thinking for protection. Sure only worse hands call but i least i can protect against the infinite outs that will kill my action. not worth "protecting"?

n1nj4.br
11-08-2006, 02:42 AM
Alla,

The problem is that your line is just too wierd. Villian might raise your "protecting" bet for protecting his own hand, getting value, bluff/semibluff, or whatever he wants to.

Seeing this hand again, i think u should just c/f turn since u didnt cbet flop.