PDA

View Full Version : Live poker is great-Super Taj stories....Gotta love live holiday poker

miami32
01-02-2006, 06:02 PM
So On new years day my best friend wanted to go to the Taj. So we went. I don't really get to see him often since I live like multiple states away from him so I decided I would sit with him at 5/10 and donk away a 100 or 200 dollars just to amuse myself. The Taj poker room was packed by the way, and they seem to have made many improvements to the room. Now they have food service from the poker snack bar that comes to the table and candy ladies who also come by. These things were non existant last time I was around.

Side notes-The tournaments suck, the blinds increase so fast it's like playing the lottery. They go up every 20 minutes so you get maybe 10 hands in per level depending on how terrible your table is. I called time on like 8 people because each decision was life changing. That is another story altogether though.

Anyways here are the good lines-

a dealer says to me-"Get on in there."
my response-"If I had a nickel for everytime a woman said that to me....I'd be broke."

After messing around for about 6 hours I was down about 220 dollars and I made a 5 dollar bet with my friend Jon to see if I could get even by the time we had to leave which was an hour and a half away.

1st hand-I get dealt pocket aces-Capped 4 way preflop. my aces hold up to win a monster. At the end of the hand, the player to my left who called 3 bets cold with K10 offsuit says to me and I quote after his kings went down "I PUT YOU ON ACES." All I could think to say was great read, wow. That doesn't even make sense. Why don't you just hand me your money.

The final hand I get dealt jack-8 of spades in the bb. I'm still down 55 dollars. 5 players limp and the button raises. I tell the button, "Be careful man, these cards have tremendous suck out potential. Flop comes 6-8-k. Two clubs, one spade. everyone checks to the button he bets, and I call. Everyone else calls. The turn is of course my gin card another 8 but it completes the club draw. I bet, everyone calls and the button raises. I look at him and I'm like, you don't have clubs do you, that would be terrible. I three bet. Then he shows his cards to my friend hubbs, who immediatly gets up from the table. Everyone calls. The pot is already like a bagillion dollars. The river is the sweetest card I've ever seen. The jack of hearts. Ohhh yeah. I bet, everyone calls, and my boat takes the pot from his Ace King of clubs. I win the pot.

My last thing goes to everyone who thinks the poker boom with die soon. What I saw last night made me think it's far from over. I was still playing 5/10 limit holdem. It was 3 way action, and the turn just complete my gut shot straight. I checked to the better who bet, the guy in between who was nuts calls, I raise, and the better thinks and reraises, the crazy guy folds. Now I didn't have the nuts, I had the 2nd nuts the queen high straight, the nuts was the king high straight. But he has been leading all the way, and he didn't normally do that. So I reraised him. Then he did the single funniest thing ever....HE TRIED TO PUSH ALL IN. Here is the best part-I call him down, and he has 78 for the idiot end of the straight. I take the pot down.

Live poker is so much fun. I played 60% of my cards and came out a $290 dollar winner. Good times. I hope people enjoyed this post.

lgkeeper
01-02-2006, 06:18 PM
So you lost the bet with your buddy?

silkyslim
01-02-2006, 06:37 PM
why didnt you raise the J8 hand on the flop?? seems standard. also, playing 60% of your hands and winning is probably just variance.

miami32
01-02-2006, 06:42 PM
no, I won it. The last hand I won a monster and I came home with a decent sized profit.

miami32
01-02-2006, 06:46 PM
Okay this post was really just for humor purposes. I was playing to have fun and pretty much suck out as much as I could. I was not trying to play winning poker. I do that on party all week long. I was looking to relax and just have a good time. Also you are negating tilt factor with your raise. I did not want to thin the field. I was not looking to max. my chances of winning the pot. At this point I wanted to win the most if I win and lose the least if I didn't hit so felt I that calling was my best choice in terms of my bet.

lgkeeper
01-03-2006, 12:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
no, I won it. The last hand I won a monster and I came home with a decent sized profit.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you only won the $5 if you got even?

miami32
01-03-2006, 12:57 AM
soooo it was the best with my friend that mattered. Geez....

Mike Gallo
01-03-2006, 01:20 AM
Next time have the NY Steak sandwhich. The best sandwhich in Atlantic City..that included the White House on Artic.

Nice report.