PDA

View Full Version : $20NL SB flops top two on a coordinated board

toomuchforu
11-07-2006, 02:34 PM
comments on all streets appreciated.
i just feel like i may have been too weak/passive about this especially on the flop.

Golden Palace
Pot Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.20
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $22.10
CO: $22.77
Button: $39.80
hero: $53.44
BB: $3.77

Pre-flop: (5 players) hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, CO calls, Button calls, hero calls, BB checks.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($0.8, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">hero bets $0.8</font>, BB calls, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $2.4</font>, hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6.4, 2 players)
hero checks, Button checks.

River: T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6.4, 2 players)
hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $5</font>, hero folds.
Uncalled bets: $5 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $6.4

cestlavie
11-07-2006, 02:41 PM
3-bet the flop and push a safe turn. He's often on a draw on the flop, maybe with a pair.

Roadstar
11-07-2006, 02:47 PM
Any reads on villain?

Stacks are deep so it makes play a bit more difficult.

I think I still 3 bet to $8-$9. If called, I 2/3 pot safe looking turn card. Arguably the 8 is safe unless villain has J8 or a set to begin with. Fold to a raise.

As played, the worst possible card came on the river so I fold.

ama0330
11-07-2006, 02:53 PM
River is an easy fold. Id raise the flop up again to $10 and fold a push, I think. I don't want to call off in a limped pot. As played I'd probably lead the turn for 3/4 and expect to take it down, if called id shut down on the river.

Shame about the river, id say you were ahead before the T hit which makes me think betting the turn is good here.

toomuchforu
11-07-2006, 03:01 PM
i think my opinion of villain is what is making me so cautious about this hand. He has not been playing too aggressively on mediocre hands and seems to have gotten his stack by being a cardrack and committing donkeys to the pot with their dead draws. When he raised here it was instantaneous. It seemd like he was very strong and wanted to get it in right there. I felt like if i raised he would push back hard and i didn't want to get committed too deep yet with stacks this big. If he has TJ diamonds here i am behind offsuit TJ is not far behind, Q Ten has me beat, QJ, KJ, AJ diamonds are all around a coinflip. sets have me crused, (though not likely to be there). I just don't feel like i really have the best of it by enough or often enough to want to commit to this flop.