PDA

View Full Version : .25/.50 Home game

tiredjerk
11-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Nice home game, villian is good.. doesn't get out of line and knows I am also a decent player. (it's also his birthday, if that helps with the hand)

I have about 70, he covers.
1 limper, he raises to 2 on button, I call with AQ from bb, limper calls.

Flop is AA9 - pot ~ 6.25
checks to villian, bets 3, i rr to 8, limper out, villian ups it another 20 (28 straight), i call.

turn brings a J - pot ~ 62.25
check to villain, and he bets all-in.. i call.

river blanks

any suggestions on what to do differently to find out where i am?

BombayBadboy
11-07-2006, 09:52 AM
'any suggestions on what to do differently to find out where i am?'

Sounds like a disguised badbeat post. I think I get it in on the flop. You only lose to AK and 99 there.

LaMbaL
11-07-2006, 10:01 AM
I think u played alright up to the turn. Folding the flop is probably too mousy, and by calling you're telling him you got something big there. Now, despite this he still moves in on the turn. I think you should fold there. Would he be moving there with AT or less?

ChipStorm
11-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Either flat call his flop bet or reraise more, to $15 or so, i.e. pot-size. If you really want to be sure you're not up against a boat, flat call, then raise his turn bet and evaluate if he pushes. But as a practical matter I don't think I'm laying this down ever; certainly not in a home game.

LaMbaL
11-07-2006, 10:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you really want to be sure you're not up against a boat, flat call, then raise his turn bet and evaluate if he pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the post again. Villain moves all-in on the turn, and there is no call-raise-evaluate possibility anywhere.

ChipStorm
11-07-2006, 11:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you really want to be sure you're not up against a boat, flat call, then raise his turn bet and evaluate if he pushes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read the post again. Villain moves all-in on the turn, and there is no call-raise-evaluate possibility anywhere.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you but I read it carefully the first time. I meant flat call villain's first bet, no raise. Did you consider the possibility that if you flat call flop, there is much more left behind, and a much greater prospect that villain simply bets the turn rather than pushes it?

tiredjerk
11-07-2006, 11:11 AM
i can see the benefits of calling flop, leading turn with the intentions of folding to a big reraise. either way, even with my intention of folding, i think i'll be going broke this hand like you guys have said. obviously he had the 9's so i consoled myself by saying that that was his bday present.

Fazz86
11-07-2006, 11:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Either flat call his flop bet or reraise more, to $15 or so, i.e. pot-size. If you really want to be sure you're not up against a boat, flat call, then raise his turn bet and evaluate if he pushes. But as a practical matter I don't think I'm laying this down ever; certainly not in a home game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly

ATrain
11-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Since this is a button raise, would anybody raise pre-flop?