PDA

View Full Version : AA min-three-bets turn (50 6m)

HitNRunPoster
11-07-2006, 09:41 AM
Villain is loose passive.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($81.55)
Button ($56.90)
SB ($48.25)
BB ($49.40)
Hero ($131.60)
MP ($51.35)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, MP calls $2, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls $1.50.

Flop: ($6.25) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, MP calls $4, BB folds.

Turn: ($14.25) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $11</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $22</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $33</font>

BombayBadboy
11-07-2006, 09:50 AM
I don't think I like your last raise. If he is loose passive, it often means he has the goods here. I expect him to have a king at the very very least. I'd just call his minraise and re-evaluate the river. I'd probably call a decent bet there.

HitNRunPoster
11-07-2006, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think I like your last raise. If he is loose passive, it often means he has the goods here. I expect him to have a king at the very very least. I'd just call his minraise and re-evaluate the river. I'd probably call a decent bet there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I think if we call it'll be a 58 pot with stacks of about 35 left on the river.

I'm not sure how this would affect my decision to call, though, but I feel that it would be something that would lead me not to call.

HitNRunPoster
11-08-2006, 01:19 AM
bump

luckychewy
11-08-2006, 01:38 AM
just shove the turn after he min-raises. dunno y u are min-raising back...

shpanko
11-08-2006, 02:31 AM
Yeah on the turn it's push or fold after he raises, min-reraising back won't do much. if he has AK/KQ/K7 and he's bad he'll probably call. 77 would suck and minraises from bad players do mean strong hands a lot so if you are worried about being behind you could jsut call and reevaluate on river. LP players don't value bet well so he'd probably bet 5-10 dollars on the river andyou could get to sd without committing your stack. The only hand I'm really worried about is 77 unless he made a [censored] flop call with A2.

HitNRunPoster
11-08-2006, 08:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the advantage of pushing the turn over minreraise/shove river?

HitNRunPoster
11-09-2006, 05:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

tojx
11-09-2006, 06:19 AM
C/C turn. You've raised PF and villan knows you're unlikely to have a 2. Then call any reasonable bet. Blocking or value bet on the river.

eigenvalue
11-09-2006, 06:24 AM
My experience is that if a loose passive player suddenly reraises, no matter what amount, he has a very strong hand. Without any other read I would fold here.

n1nj4.br
11-09-2006, 07:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
C/C turn. You've raised PF and villan knows you're unlikely to have a 2. Then call any reasonable bet. Blocking or value bet on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not betting this turn against a passive player is very bad, since u will be giving up a lot of value.

As played, i always shove turn after the miniraise.

cestlavie
11-09-2006, 07:32 AM
He's likely giving you credit for TPTK, so he has something better than that or he's bluffing. He's passive though so the chance that he's bluffing is smaller; though some players habitually raise a board-pairing turn against an aggressor. You have the only overpair possible. Unless he has the same hand you're way behind. AA is not a hand worth falling in desperate love with.

InfectorGadget
11-09-2006, 07:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not betting this turn against a passive player is very bad, since u will be giving up a lot of value.

[/ QUOTE ]

tojx
11-09-2006, 08:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you expect him to call with middle pair or top pair?

The only hands he'd call are any 2, 77, K7, KK and your win rate is 12%. I'm not sure if you see mp/tp often enough to justify an all-in

matrix
11-09-2006, 08:16 AM
minraising the turn is HORRIBLE.

we give draws *fabulous* odds to call and we don't get enough value for our good hand.

What flavour of Loose Passive is this villain - does he only bet with a hand? if so shoving the turn is uberspew.

If he's the type of loose passive that nearly always folds to a CB he has us beat on this turn often.

either 3bet shove the turn or fold - I'd fold cos we don't beat much and minraises from bad players usually mean hands that beat one pair and the only hand we beat that a loose passive might be raising here is K7.

I'd push the turn all day if the flop was KT2 KJ2 KQ2 - or if I've seen this guy overplay TPTK TPGK then I push the turn - otherwise it's a fold I think.

HitNRunPoster
11-09-2006, 09:07 AM
If he minraised all in, would you call?

Sir Winalot
11-09-2006, 11:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You get the money in as a fav. And everytime you minraise, god kills a cat. And the cat hasn't done anything bad to you and doesn't deserve to get killed.

machine
11-09-2006, 11:43 AM
I would push you lose to 77 here only this could be AK,KQ alot come alive on the turn.

HitNRunPoster
11-09-2006, 11:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] What's the advantage of pushing the turn over minreraise/shove river? [ QUOTE ]
You get the money in as a fav.

[/ QUOTE ]

What hand calls my shove on the turn that doesn't call it as a turn minreraise / river push?

machine
11-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Flush draw maybe

HitNRunPoster
11-09-2006, 11:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flush draw maybe

[/ QUOTE ]

Would they call vs a turn push? I don't know...

machine
11-09-2006, 11:57 AM
i mean like if they have like KJ with the FD or something of that nature

Sir Winalot
11-09-2006, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flush draw maybe

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes they would and you're a fav to win, but if you minraise YOU GIVE THE GODDAMN MINRAISING FISH PERFECT ODDS TO DRAW FOR THE FLUSH AND STACK YOU!! And if he doesn't hit the flush he can get away from it very neatly. Do I make myself clear?

HitNRunPoster
11-09-2006, 12:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Flush draw maybe

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes they would and you're a fav to win, but if you minraise YOU GIVE THE GODDAMN MINRAISING FISH PERFECT ODDS TO DRAW FOR THE FLUSH AND STACK YOU!! And if he doesn't hit the flush he can get away from it very neatly. Do I make myself clear?

[/ QUOTE ]

hmm, I'm going to run the math on this to try to figure out if a flush draw gets poor odds to call... though if they're a really bad fish then sure, charge that agressive calling fishy. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

But just for fun, what flush draw do you put him on here?

I don't know... seems like a weird hand. But once he minraises, that narrows his range to the point where FF's become reasonably likely, I guess.