PDA

View Full Version : AA turns a boat and checks (50 6m)

HitNRunPoster
11-07-2006, 09:37 AM
Not sure what to do on the turn here, I figure when he calls me he has at least a pair. I'm not going to be happy if a 5 hits the river, but meh.

I don't know exactly what I thought of this guy, just that he was bad. This doesn't necessarily mean worse than me.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($40.65)
SB ($54.67)
BB ($35)
UTG ($126)
Hero ($75.65)
CO ($45.65)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $0.25.
UTG calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, UTG calls $2.

Flop: ($5.75) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, UTG calls $3.

Turn: ($11.75) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, Hero checks.

kabouter
11-07-2006, 09:51 AM
? Why are you not going to be happy when a 5 hits the river? I would value bet on the turn though, make it something like $8. And see what he does on the river, if he bets, good raise him if not just make another value bet.

limit refugee
11-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Got to play the big hands big.

I'm putting a usual C-bet on the flop and another 3/4 pot on the turn. Better to build the pot hoping he'll call with a weaker ace, or better yet checkraise a 9, than to worry about chasing him out on this hand. He's bad, this is a chance to get his stack.

fabadam
11-07-2006, 10:00 AM
&lt;grunch&gt;

Bet more on the flop, $5 or so.
I wouldn't slowplay the turn -- you want to get some money in there. If he draws to quads, oh well.
Otherwise, just try to get some of his money in the pot presto.

BombayBadboy
11-07-2006, 10:01 AM
The flop is pretty dry, so he probably picked up something so I'd just bet the turn. You want to build a pot here. If he has a an A he probably will pay you off on both the turn and river. Chances are he won't call a rr on the end with just an A. If he has a 9 the meoney will probably go in either way. You only lose value if this guy is a habitual bluffer on the river. Make it 6 or so.

redCashion
11-07-2006, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
&lt;grunch&gt;

Bet more on the flop, $5 or so.
I wouldn't slowplay the turn -- you want to get some money in there. If he draws to quads, oh well.
Otherwise, just try to get some of his money in the pot presto.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can someone explain what "grunch" means in this context. I know he's a poster, and this refers to some philosophy of his, but I don't see what it is spelled out in the FAQ.

svidrigailov
11-07-2006, 10:16 AM
Bet more on the flop, bet turn &amp; stack him on the river. Don't know what a 5 would do... I refuse to believe people ever have quads.

red - I believe it means replying to a hand post without reading any responses to give an unbiased opinion.

kabouter
11-07-2006, 10:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I refuse to believe people ever have quads.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bonesy
11-07-2006, 10:21 AM
Grunch = posting without viewing other posts first

To OP. Since that was a pretty dry flop, chances are he has a piece. If it is an ace or 9, you should definitely be betting the turn. If it is a 5, you probably wouldn't get much from him anyways.

HitNRunPoster
11-07-2006, 10:26 AM
Thanks guys.

kurto
11-07-2006, 01:49 PM
I don't get why anyone would slowplay in position here. You're expected to bet here. If he folds, oh well.

The only time you should be slowplaying at micro is if you have multiple aggressive people in the hand who you know will bet.