PDA

View Full Version : NL25 TP vs a bluffer

Bonesy
11-07-2006, 09:27 AM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $8.45
UTG+1: $19.40
Hero: $25.50
Button: $25.45
SB: $42.60
BB: $16.25

Villain was very loose around 60 VPIP. He had bluffed me off of a hand about 10 hands earlier and had showed it to me. He almost always cold called my preflop raises. To be fair, I only saw one bluff in the 20 hands or so that we had played together so it wasn't like he was a maniac bluffer. It may not mean anything, but his bet size on the river was my exact stack. Any comments appreciated.

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/spade.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $2.25</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $6.75</font>, Hero calls.

River: K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($20.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $15.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $15.5</font>.

Results:
Final pot: $51.25

MortenTA
11-07-2006, 09:40 AM
I think you played this is ok - no way you can fold the river.

I dont really see a raise on the flop since your hand is marginal. Rather keep the pot smallish.

I might let this hand go on the turn - but this depends on how aggressive he is.

eigenvalue
11-07-2006, 10:44 AM
Maybe You played against a sponch. This is a player who calls almost every preflop bet + CB that the target player makes. If the target player checks the turn, the sponch will try to bluff him off the pot. Most of the time, the sponch is in position to the target player one or two seats to the left of the target. This is the case here, so I guess You are really facing a sponch here.

You can search for older subjects in this forum where You will find some advices on how to play against a sponch.

If I'm facing a sponch, I avoid playing trap hands like KJ. I would fold the turn here, if I would be sure I'm up against a sponch, because him leading the whole betting with pot sized bets is a very, very unusual behavior for that kind of player. I'm pretty sure he has a very strong hand here, so throw Your hand away here.

But to be sure that You are facing a sponch, I would need to see more hands You played earlier with him.

Bonesy
11-07-2006, 01:45 PM
I'm a little surprised at the two responses so far. KJs is practically a monster vs the range of a 60%VPIP villain who will call with garbage hoping to hit big flops. I'm not getting much response to this hand but after thinking about it, the flop may be too drawy to take the line I took even though villain was not on a draw. I would like to see what others have to say about this hand.

MortenTA
11-08-2006, 10:13 AM
It really depends on how aggressive villain plays his hands OOP. Sure his VPIP is 60 but is he passive og aggressive?
A typical player with a VPIP &gt;60 is passive.

Im curious to see what other players have to say about this hand.