PDA

View Full Version : was this played correctly? minus the miss of course. :-(

tehDiceman
11-07-2006, 05:27 AM
i believe he bluffed that river, but i had NOTHING cept high ace so i couldnt call or raise him without possibly losing tons of my stack. the chat afterwards hinted at the bluff as he was asking me what i had.

i won it back from him two hands later. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP3 ($1.65)
CO ($2.41)
Button ($4.92)
Hero ($2.51)
BB ($4.43)
UTG ($2.21)
UTG+1 ($5.05)
MP1 ($5.50)
MP2 ($1.54)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.02, UTG+1 calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.02, Button calls $0.02, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($0.14) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.1</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $0.10, UTG+1 calls $0.10, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds.

Turn: ($0.44) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.2</font>, UTG calls $0.20, UTG+1 calls $0.20.

River: ($1.04) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $0.5</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $1.54

OneFive
11-07-2006, 05:43 AM
what are you trying to accomplish with the flop bet?? There's 7 people in the hand and you have a gutshot, check and only call if you have incredibly high odds (ie 5 people call a bet). Same comment on turn, sorry, but 2 people called your flop bet, someone has something. You're oop and have only ace high and a gut shot, find a better spot to get your money in, which it sounds like you did... easy fold as played...

carnivalhobo
11-07-2006, 05:49 AM
um the flop minbet is gross, and the turn double minbet isnt fooling anyone either. if the flop gets checked around i dont mind if you fire the turn but make a real bet.

SavageMiser
11-07-2006, 06:07 AM
Pitching 15 BB into the abyss is not recommended. Don't do it.

You got a cheap look at a flop, but so did six other players, every last one of them with position on you. Check fold when you flop nothing.

Waingro
11-07-2006, 07:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop: ($0.14) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.1</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome!

Op, to answer your question, I think I too could find a fold on the river.

eigenvalue
11-07-2006, 07:18 AM
There are some obvious leaks in Your game:

(1) Never, never pump up a pot OOP without a hand, like You did on the flop! You have to get rid of that as soon as possible.

(2) Take into account how many players are seeing the flop. With 7 players seeing the flop, every time someone will hit at least a pair.

(3) Get rid of the thinking that everyone, who bets, is trying to bluff You. Of course, people will bluff sometimes, but if You call river bets with no hand at all, assuming every time someone is bluffing You, that's a sure way to loose money!

LaMbaL
11-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Listen to eigenvalue, those points you should learn asap. Bluffing a flop in first position against 7 players is absolutely horrible, stop that right now /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Templar555
11-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Am I the only one who would play the turn the exact same way that he did, maybe even make a pot sized bet?

Open ended straight draw + flush draw... with several poeple still in the pot, what's wrong with what he did? Even though he's OOP it's kinda a semi-bluff because if he hits he'll win big... and if he only called then his hand would be obvious if he was to hit and he would not win as much...

Someone tell me why my thinking is wrong (It obviously must be since everyone else is advising to not do stuff like that)

LaMbaL
11-07-2006, 09:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(1) Never, never pump up a pot OOP without a hand

[/ QUOTE ]

This is basically why. C/c is a better line on the turn, especially since you are drawing to the nuts. Semibluffing is better with non-nuts-draws and with position.

[ QUOTE ]
and if he only called then his hand would be obvious if he was to hit and he would not win as much..

[/ QUOTE ]

You are not looking to play big pots OOP without a big hand. Sure, you might not win as much by just c/c'ing, but a big pot isnt your goal here.

svidrigailov
11-07-2006, 09:31 AM
There is nooo fold equity for the semi bluff, and hero does not have the best hand. The pot is protected so I don't see any value in making either bet.