PDA

View Full Version : 25nl 6max: Help me play this 2 pair

blackize
11-07-2006, 02:47 AM
Villain is 25/.1/2.25 over 61 hands. On the flop I think his most likely holdings after his raise are AT, KT, QT, JT(weighted to JT and AT), 87(most likely suited), and a set.

After two limpers I think this is a call PF in position right?

I called the flop because I have top two against a somewhat passive opponent. I think I can further narrow down his range on the turn

On the turn I think I narrow his range to a set and the bigger tens and all but eliminate 87. I think he checks a set here a fair amount of the time given that to build up my stack I have value bet the nuts and bet an overpair hard and because he is just passive enough to check it to me. This is a fairly standard value bet right?

I checked the river because I was somewhat worried about him backing into a flush with a hand like Txs, and because I thought there was an off chance that he would play QJ in this way. Is this a missed value bet?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($25.40)
UTG ($36.90)
MP ($13.40)
CO ($23.25)
Hero ($62.15)
SB ($14.60)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.25) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.25</font>, BB calls $0.25, UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $2, SB folds, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($6) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, CO calls $3.

River: ($12) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $12

helloimcdog
11-07-2006, 02:53 AM
I probably am betting more on the turn, especially with more outs being possible, somewhere around 5 seems okay, and I think I'm okay with the check on the river, it might be a missed value bet (probably a leak in my game) a case could be made for a bet here too.