PDA

View Full Version : 50nl 6 max AQs

GtrHtr
11-07-2006, 02:14 AM
Villain was 42/29 after 57 hands, nothing significant besides that. Your action on the river?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $41.15
UTG+1: $95.25
CO: $46.75
Button: $31.55
SB: $68.15
Hero: $63.05

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
3 folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $1</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($3, 3 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3</font>, Button calls, SB folds.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($9, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $8</font>, Button calls.

River: 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($25, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $10</font>, Hero ?

I'm interested in reads as well as comments.

rebuyboy
11-07-2006, 02:19 AM
I call. But I would have just shoved river myself. He only has about 20 left. Is the reason you didn't reraise preflop so you could play a pot with the donkey?

YoungGifted
11-07-2006, 02:26 AM
you checked, he bluffed to take down the pot. I call. Re-raise this preflop. Why play AQ suited way at a 6max without representing any strength. You made the decision hard on yourself. I feel. A re-raise probably gets you heads up with position on the flop or you might take it down there. From my experience the min-raise here usually tends to be connecting cards or just any two suited cards.

tannenj
11-07-2006, 02:28 AM
reraise preflop. as played, i'm probably pushing the river against this guy.

helloimcdog
11-07-2006, 02:45 AM
AQ isnt strong enough to flat call here, i like a reraise so we can get button to fold most of the time and play heads up with position which would definitely make this an easier hand to play. As played, push the river.

Sir Winalot
11-07-2006, 03:54 AM
I consider a minraise to be the same as a limp, and I raise AQs after a limper. So I raise this pf. I also open push river against this loose shortie, we have the best hand so often.

As played I'm not really sure, if he calls a push with too many worse hands so a call might be goot here.

eigenvalue
11-07-2006, 05:36 AM
Pushing the river is a huge blunder here. You have the pot odds to call that, but be prepared to loose half of the time here.

A push most of the times will lead to a fold, if he can't beat Your pair, so it's really a blunder to do that.

I would consider reraising AQs even to a normal sized bet, too.

tiredjerk
11-07-2006, 08:08 AM
I think reraising flop might not be the best for a few reasons. One, if SB hasn't been doing this every hand OOP, then its possible that he's strong and just asking for an opportunity to bump it more. This may be wrong, but it is a possibility. More importantly, reraising will probably get button to leave the hand, which I don't assume is what you want seeing his stats. AQ is a strong hand, but its not that strong that you'd want to put in too much pre. As played, I think this is a easy river call.

munkey
11-07-2006, 09:14 AM
I put villan on weaker Q (QJo-),8x hand (e.g. A8o), TT/JJ as most likely holdings

i'm not folding the river, and open 20/25 shove maybe too much for villan to call.
I like the way OP played as check call gets value from weaker Qx but I often will stick in a river minraise to put him AI. Depends on villan.

svidrigailov
11-07-2006, 09:27 AM
River check is good for the reasons eigenvalue, munkey mentioned. Def. call at over 3:1. I would reraise pre, especially oop.

tannenj
11-07-2006, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pushing the river is a huge blunder here. You have the pot odds to call that, but be prepared to loose half of the time here.

[/ QUOTE ]

not true against a 47/29. very, very often he has a worse queen or a lower pair and will pay you off on the river. rarely are you beat.

MrMysterious
11-07-2006, 03:28 PM
pf i think you should reraise, and i think its an esay river call, hes betting less than half the pot, and you have tptk. he might have slowplayed something, but your check on the river is going to make him wanna take a stab at the pot.

in short, hes betting just under 1/2 the pot while hes shortstacked, he has a hand that loses to you more often than one that beats you. call all day long /images/graemlins/cool.gif