PDA

View Full Version : .01/.02NL, my pocket KK gets raised on the Turn

PotatoStew
11-07-2006, 01:56 AM
.01/.02NL again, same table as my other post - loose and passive.

UTG folds
I have K/images/graemlins/spade.gifK/images/graemlins/club.gif and a $3.65 stack. I raise to .08
2 folds
LP ($2.16 stack) calls
CO ($4.74 stack) calls
Button folds
SB folds
BB ($2.06 stack) calls

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 32 cents in the pot

BB checks, I bet .28
LP calls, the rest fold

Turn: [7/images/graemlins/spade.gif5/images/graemlins/club.gif4/images/graemlins/club.gif] 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 88 cents in the pot

I bet .66
LP raises to $1.32

I....???

Looks pretty ominous. But I have KK. But it looks pretty ominous. What should I do here, and how clear cut is the decision?

17-4PH
11-07-2006, 02:02 AM
I would have made it .14 PF considering the looseness of the players at these stakes. Flop bet looks okay. As played fold. He has the straight more often than not.

PietM
11-07-2006, 03:30 AM
If he really is that passive, then any aggression should mean trouble. I think you're beat here. You "only" have a pair...

TomBrooks
11-07-2006, 03:40 AM
3 callers is a bit much. Maybe you should increase your preflop raises to 5BB at this table.

eigenvalue
11-07-2006, 05:07 AM
At these stakes people call with any kind of trash. With 4 callers, it seems likely that someone has a 6 there. As played, I would fold.

But I would have raised all-in on the flop at these limits. People like to gamble almost every time against the odds here. You would have lost Your stack here because of the bad turn card, but You will get callers against the odds almost every time and double up more often than not on these occasions.

kabouter
11-07-2006, 05:30 AM
This only counts for the 2nl tables, but just raise it up to at least 10x bb.
People will still call with junk, but not with something like a K6o they will call with a A6o though /images/graemlins/smile.gif.
At 10nl, and even 5nl people are a bit more careful though so you can use 5xbb or higher depending on the villains at the table.

PotatoStew
11-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Great - thanks for the feedback everyone. Immediately after the hand I realized I should have folded it. Unfortunately, during the hand I went insane and put him all in. That's the one thing I hate about NL compared to limit - I make mistakes at both, but I can almost always recover from my limit mistakes. NL mistakes are obviously much more costly.

Raising more preflop sounds like good advice too - I hadn't thought of that. Thanks again.

Perk76
11-07-2006, 10:55 AM
OP, I fold that hand as played.

Alot of the .1/.2 game (and any game for that matter) is about your image. Hopefully you are raising ALOT of hands so people dont put you on top tier hands only. This will help you get paid off when you flop 2pair/sets/straight or flush draws. Dont get caught up with 1 pair hands when there are alot of BB's at stack, which the 1/2 game has.

Be the player that is hitting the hands discussed and over playing back at the guy that only raises periodically and he will sack off to you.