PDA

View Full Version : (50NL) -- Confused with AKs against a poor player

dawade
11-07-2006, 01:50 AM
My opponent here has been so bizarre. One minute he is showing down excellent hands, but then mostly he is showing down absolute trash including getting all in with terrible cards preflop. As far as PT goes this guy's stats are: 81/30/1.9.

That being said, how do you guys play this one?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $48.35
UTG+1: $73.20
Hero: $57.70
Button: $105.30
SB: $8.75
BB: $49.50

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2.5</font>, 3 folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($5.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $4</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $15</font>, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($35.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $10.5</font>, Hero calls.

River: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($56.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $0.5</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $57.75
/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

lacrymosa
11-07-2006, 01:58 AM
stacks?

tehDiceman
11-07-2006, 02:10 AM
im more passive than most, i would just call. that bet to me looks like a raise inducing bet/"im weak" bet, but on the turn he was betting 10 bucks. i think he was trying to be goofy and stack you, you raise, he is instant all in. what was left of his stack btw? EDIT: now i see his stack, definate call for me. he has way too much money to bet betting .50 cents unless he really did miss his draw, hard to believe when the flush card comes out unless he had clubs.

i have seen it before, villians check to me since they figure im aggresive on checks, i bet, they raise all in, i dont think i have the best hand so i end up folding out. sucks to be in that position and since you are high card A, i would just call it for the cheap showdown. cant fold, that would be dumb over .50 cents.

tannenj
11-07-2006, 02:11 AM
nice hand OP.

eigenvalue
11-07-2006, 02:53 AM
I usually go all-in on the flop. You have 9 outs to the nut flush + probably 3 outs to an A, 3 outs to a K and 3 outs to J. These are 18 outs, maybe You have to discount some, because a K or an A my give him a straight or two pair but You are a favorite in that hand, so push. He has already put $4 into that pot, and this kind of hand is the ideal situation to show resistance.

Ok, the turn and river card in this case would have been bad ones for You. But in the long run, You will win more money in these cases than not and it's good for Your table image.
So push!

helloimcdog
11-07-2006, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually go all-in on the flop. You have 9 outs to the nut flush + probably 3 outs to an A, 3 outs to a K and 3 outs to J. These are 18 outs, maybe You have to discount some, because a K or an A my give him a straight or two pair but You are a favorite in that hand, so push. He has already put $4 into that pot, and this kind of hand is the ideal situation to show resistance.

Ok, the turn and river card in this case would have been bad ones for You. But in the long run, You will win more money in these cases than not and it's good for Your table image.
So push!

[/ QUOTE ]

Doing this would have us betting like 10 million times the size of the pot, I like the raise you made on the flop, turn starts to get sticky but I'm fine with how you played it through. Retarded bet on the end tho by villian wow...

blackize
11-07-2006, 03:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Doing this would have us betting like 10 million times the size of the pot, I like the raise you made on the flop, turn starts to get sticky but I'm fine with how you played it through. Retarded bet on the end tho by villian wow...

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. I talked to OP on AIM about this hand and originally I thought to shove the turn. He gave me a bit better read than he gave you guys though as he was IMing me all the hands that the villain played as a huge donkey(there were lots.) Against a more reasonable opponent I would read his turn bet as a strong Q most of the time and we'd have some fold equity with a turn shove. Against this guy I don't think we have any FE(he's calling with any pair most likely) and thus we'd be putting our stack in a bit less than 40% to win. Since this guy is the type to stack off with any pair I think it's better to call this bet, then stack him when we hit.

DJ Sensei
11-07-2006, 03:16 AM
looks good to me

TomBrooks
11-07-2006, 03:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Doing this would have us betting like 10 million times the size of the pot, I like the raise you made on the flop, turn starts to get sticky but I'm fine with how you played it through.

[/ QUOTE ]
The turn seems fine to me as the OP is getting 3.5:1 immediate with at least 12 outs, probably 13, and maybe 19 outs.

If the Villain stacked OP on the turn though, the OP would only be getting 1.9:1 to call and would need all 19 outs to make a call correct.

If the OP made his flop bet a bit bigger, say to $20, when he had two cards to come, the pot on the turn would have been $45 and OP would have $35 left. If villain pushed, OP would be getting 2.3:1 and could call with 14 outs.

Does that mean a bet of $20 would have been better on the flop?