PDA

View Full Version : NL10 AQ PF Facing the Min Re-raise...

Kerosity
11-07-2006, 01:37 AM
Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $5.30
CO: $12.30
Button: $4.25
Hero: $16.95
BB: $11.15

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.6</font>, BB calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.1</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($4.4, 4 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">BB bets $0.2</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $3.15</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($10.7, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $10.7)

River: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($10.7, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $10.7)

Results:
Final pot: $10.7

I know the results are shown... but it has nothing to do with the hand so I don't feel like editing it lol..
The guy who min re-raised me folded... so Here's my question..

Generally a limp + min reraise, is something strong.. I usually EXPECT AA.. Maybe its a personal bad experience.. after another, but thats why I was looking for some insight..

Now.. Assuming Im right.. That's a bad preflop call right? Or with AQ.. is a push (Or a big reraise, which will pretty much get it all in at these stakes) good in this position? To try and take the pot down.

Now once again assuming im right.. I have AQ.. I'm out of position if I call.. So my only decision should have been Raise or fold.. right? Just looking for some insight :P

YoungGifted
11-07-2006, 02:22 AM
i call and as played i let it go ont the flop. You have ace high with no flush draw. I dont see you pushing anyone off the hand at these stakes. Fold, play the next hand.

Pre-flop you could possibly re-raise to get it heads up on the flop. But i dont really like that much at these stakes.

Speedlimits
11-07-2006, 02:24 AM
FOLD pre flop.

If suited I probably make the call then fold on that flop.

helloimcdog
11-07-2006, 02:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
FOLD pre flop.

If suited I probably make the call then fold on that flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think folding for .50 with about 4 dollars already in the pot is pretty weak here, at least take a flop, and letting go on the flop is okay.

eigenvalue
11-07-2006, 03:29 AM
You are right! Raise or fold this one. The minraise behind You will not shut down the early limpers and You don't want to play AQ in a multiway pot. With no read on that opponent, I would proably fold the first time facing a minraise. But You saw he folded his minraise later, so now You know, that he has a wide range with his minraises. The next time You can reraise his minraises with confidence.

Don't be that scared about minraisers. Minraisers usually are very weak players. Most of them have a wide range of hands they minraise. They minraise monsters, but they minraise weak aces, suited cards and something like that, too. Simply take a look how often they minraise. If You have someone, who minraises a lot, he cannot have monsters any time. So take advantage of that:

1) Call every minraise from the big blind. You have the pot odds to do that with any cards. Minraising is great for the player in the big blind!

2) Reraise a constant minraiser, if You have a strong holding

3) Limp in with drawing hands, suited connectors or 1 gappers. Minraisers play most of their weak holdings weak after the flop. They follow up with more minraises, giving You the pot odds to draw to flushs or even insight straight draws with Your drawing hands.

(4) If a minraiser follows up with a huge bet on the flop, he usually has an overpair. So don't feel like You are bluffed and fold Your hand unless You hit the flop hard.

(5) Some minraisers minraise out of the SB or BB. I take a note on the, because I'm facing one of the worst possible opponents. Once again, You can play a wide range of hands against them from the button or cutoff. They build a pot for You having to play the rest of the hand out of position. Can it get any better?

I love minraisers. These players are major targets for a strong player and You always have a great chance to take their whole stack, once You hit a flop hard. One of my favorite moves is to call these guys with any trash hand from the BB or SB. If You hit two pair and they have an overpair, reraise their monster bet on the flop all-in and shut them down. Oh, I love it, it's so much fun! I could post You any week several hands, where I take their stacks.

Sir Winalot
11-07-2006, 03:59 AM
Yeah, folding is goot here.