PDA

View Full Version : TP + Big draw in position $50NL

Spartak
11-07-2006, 12:51 AM
Not sure about turn and river. BB is unknown. Should I be betting the turn?

We both have over $50

Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.5
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with T/images/graemlins/heart.gif 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $2</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($6.25 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($16.25, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: 3/images/graemlins/club.gif ($16.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $10</font>, Hero calls.

tehDiceman
11-07-2006, 01:22 AM
i think i would have fired a second barrel on the turn, he calls it, get a little scared unless the heart drops. if he paired that board by the turn, it is all lower than your 10's. he may be playing pocket pair that hit a set on the flop, maybe 2's. if he had pocket two's, he hit the house on the river, same with 23(dont know who would call a raise with 23 though). im not sure i would have called the river though.

although, he could just have A2 or A3, K2 or K3,(unlikely for those combinations since the preflop raise would knock out any respectable player with that hand IMO) flush draw, etc. without any reads, hard to tell. i would say probably a pocket pair with a possible set or two pair due to the three's.

Phytopath
11-07-2006, 01:35 AM
I would rather fire again on the turn and check through the river since you still have a good hand and alot of outs if you are behind. I don't hate the way you played this hand, it's just a little too passive since you have a very strong hand.

Fonzi
11-07-2006, 01:40 AM
I think the way you played it, you have to call.
Your check on the turn is likely to have induced a bluff.
I think a you should have bet the turn to protect your hand from
overcards.
He likely thinks you have overcards/missed flush and
wants you to fold, thats why he bets so much.
I'm calling with top pair against all but the tightest opponents.
If he moves in, I fold, thinking I was bluffed, if he
bet smaller I call thinking I'm beat. but that bet is
a must call, I think you win way more than half of the pots
in this situation. When you lose its probalby to a beter Ten.