PDA

View Full Version : Do you raise if you flop the nuts?

clownslayer2
11-06-2006, 08:23 PM
This is the second time I have flopped a monster. I am kind of new to this game, and am trying to figure out what to do.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($34.45)
UTG ($15.55)
MP ($33.80)
Button ($24.10)
SB ($24.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: ($0.75) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $0.75</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero...?raises?

the machine
11-06-2006, 08:25 PM
your hand isnt going to get any better. let try to get as much money in as we can. we do that by raising. doesnt have to be a huge raise but one that makes him start commiting a good portion of his stack so at some point in the hand we can try and get it all in

4_2_it
11-06-2006, 08:29 PM
You aren't going to get your stack in the middle by calling down................

clownslayer2
11-06-2006, 08:33 PM
I am talking about the flop. obviously the turn and river ill put in a raise but do i try and keep him in it by smooth calling the flop?

Reid L
11-06-2006, 08:47 PM
I love betting the flop when I have the nuts. Nothing better than sitting at the table for 30 mins raising PF and betting the flop. Then finally when you hit the flop you bet just like always and some guy gets sick of it and plays back at you with ace high.

matrix
11-06-2006, 08:49 PM
villain has $23.75 left in his stack that you want to get all-in in two streets on the turn the pot will be 2.25 - this is going to be very tough.

Male a small flop raise say to ~$2 here - if he folds you aren't geting anything anyway and what are you going to get out of him if the turn is a /images/graemlins/spade.gif (?)

if he calls the flop raise pot is 4.75 and he has 22 behind - much easier to get his stack in the middle...

4_2_it
11-06-2006, 09:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am talking about the flop. obviously the turn and river ill put in a raise but do i try and keep him in it by smooth calling the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I'd raise the flop here. He will not believe you flopped it. In fact, it looks more like you are trying to chase him away.

Point #1 - You will not be able to coax his whole stack in without a flop raise

Point #2 - If a spade hits the turn your action is gone and you will not get another dime out of him.

tehDiceman
11-06-2006, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. I'd raise the flop here. He will not believe you flopped it. In fact, it looks more like you are trying to chase him away.

Point #2 - If a spade hits the turn your action is gone and you will not get another dime out of him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he has the Jack and refuses to believe you hold the Ace. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

4_2_it
11-06-2006, 10:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless he has the Jack and refuses to believe you hold the Ace. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I /images/graemlins/heart.gif those guys......