PDA

View Full Version : NL20 Bashing QQ OOP against a typical/passive rock (River action?)

Vern
11-06-2006, 07:32 PM
Villain is a typical/passive 150+ hands, 27.85/0.63/0.33 I have only seen him cold call a raise pre-flop one other time and he did not show down with the one hand he did PFR with.

Absolute Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $3.90
UTG+1: $9.75
<font color="red">Hero: $19.45
Button: $27.91</font>
SB: $4.20
BB: $1.84

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.5</font>, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($1.65, 3 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.6</font>, Button calls, UTG folds.

Turn: K/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4.85, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, Button calls.

River: K/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($12.85, 2 players)
Hero ?????

Pot is $12.85, I have $13.35 left and he has me covered but I am clueless on how to play this river. Anyone with a plan?

ymu
11-06-2006, 07:53 PM
Stats look more fishy than rocky.

Does he call down with weak hands? He could have something like TT here, maybe AJs? Does he like to trap with monsters? Could this be AA/KK? Would he call with AK on the flop?

Tough spot. If he's a passive calling station and calls down a lot with mediocre hands, you could be missing value from TT/AJ but a check might be better - if he's passive he's only betting a better hand, so you can fold.

Vern
11-06-2006, 08:53 PM
I have him pegged as a rock because he only seems to continue play with a strong hand but he is rarely the aggressor in these cases. His aggression factor is low because he calls bets but checks behind a lot when checked too. I think I can check and fold to a bet here because of his propensity to check behind even with strong hands, but I might be missing a value bet too. I was considering a $4 block/value bet figuring he would raise or call any hand that beats me but would call $4 with many hands I beat. I was thinking he might be holding J9, AJ or a PP, except, when the K hit the turn and he called my bet, I thought he would only call with a hand that ties or beats a pair of kings so since he called my turn bet, putting any more money in on the river was a waste. Now you see why I say I was confused.