PDA

View Full Version : 50NL KK on scary board? Terrible turn check? Easy River Fold?

Pavan
11-06-2006, 07:19 PM
No real reads. Bet this turn? Is this an easy fold?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($92.85)
MP ($15.80)
CO ($17.95)
Button ($19)
SB ($65.30)
BB ($10.90)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls $1.75, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: ($4.50) J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $20</font>, SB calls $15.

Turn: ($44.50) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($44.50) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $25</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $69.50

Thrahl
11-06-2006, 10:46 PM
Turn is debatable, but I don't mind a check behind here as Jx makes up a large part of Villains range. The river is a must fold as you're beating nothing.

YoungGifted
11-07-2006, 02:48 AM
Im probably a donk here, but im betting this turn. Checking screams overpair and sets him up to bluff you on the river. Im not sure he has the J.

helloimcdog
11-07-2006, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Im probably a donk here, but im betting this turn. Checking screams overpair and sets him up to bluff you on the river. Im not sure he has the J.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this too, if he calls here then its safe to say (especially when the heart hits the river) were absolutely done with the hand, it just makes it easier on us in later rounds IMO.

ZingyDNA
11-07-2006, 03:01 AM
You only have a PSB left on the turn. How much would you bet? Seems a small blocking bet of 8-10ish is good for me if you're gonna fold to a raise. You lose less to a hand that crushed you or a bluff. Checking is not bad at all if you have a read on if he likes to bluff river. Without reads it makes river decision tough...

ama0330
11-07-2006, 03:52 AM
I hate leading this turn after he calls your megaraise. There's basically only two hands you are beating after the flop (a missed draw or QQ) as I very, very much doubt that a naked J or underpair calls this raise, and then the J shoots into the lead on the turn, only narrowing the hands which you beat. What would you hope to achieve by betting the turn? I dont think you are ever going to get the overpair to fold and I think that if you get called its going to always be a hand which beats you. Besides, villains check screams of a trap.

I wouldnt be surprised to see J9 here, or 66/33. As played this is an easy river fold. Also, I think your flop raise is a little on the big side. A PSR is $15 (i think) and that extra $5 is pretty unneccessary.

Supwithbates
11-07-2006, 03:56 AM
NH, I play the same way.

n1nj4.br
11-07-2006, 04:30 AM
Ama0330, a pot sized raise is 20$.

Anyway, as played u cant call.

U either bet or check turn depending on your reads/feeling.

eigenvalue
11-07-2006, 04:52 AM
The question is, what holdings would call Your reraise on the flop? If that player is for real, I thing he would call with a set, with AJ, with any JhXh which gives him top pair plus a flush draw, most likely KhJh, QhJh or JhTh, probably with 5h4h, too. The only probable holding You beat, that calls Your reraise that I see is QQ.

I would have thrown that hand away as You did. I don't like to force things or to push things to far with overpairs. The turn card was a bad card for You and the river card made things worse. You asked a question on the flop and got an answer. And I think that answer tells You that You are beaten almost every time after these exceptionable bad turn and river cards.

YoungGifted
11-07-2006, 05:41 AM
why wouldn't villian push with kjh, qjh, j10h? why wouldn't villian push with 45h. Similarly, how often does villian call here with a weak J?

But the question is what hands lead this flop with a pot sized bet, but don't get all there chips in with the three bet on the flop or proceed to make a large bet on the turn. Instead they check through turn then follows this up with a just over half pot bet on the river?

ahh whatever, sleepy time for me.

eigenvalue
11-07-2006, 06:59 AM
Maybe because Villian isn't in push or fold more.