PDA

View Full Version : Full Tilt - $25 NL - Full Ring - combo draw getting better on turn...

kurto
11-06-2006, 05:08 PM
Line check-
FullTiltPoker Game #1187613657: Table Double Arch - $0.10/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 0:14:09 ET - 2006/11/03
Seat 1: fatsally ($10.65)
Seat 2: kurtovski ($48.05)
Seat 3: trapeze ($17.25)
Seat 4: thenewguy77 ($12.95)
Seat 5: BadBeatTD ($23.40)
Seat 6: hosler182 ($17.50)
Seat 7: chauncy100 ($45.75)
Seat 8: kalony ($27.45) is sitting out
Seat 9: UraniumLungs ($25.55) is sitting out
kurtovski posts the small blind of $0.10
trapeze posts the big blind of $0.25
The button is in seat #1

HOLECARDS-
6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

thenewguy77 calls $0.25
BadBeatTD folds
hosler182 folds
chauncy100 folds
fatsally has 15 seconds left to act
fatsally folds
kurtovski calls $0.15
trapeze checks

FLOP: 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

kurtovski bets $0.50
trapeze raises to $1
thenewguy77 raises to $2
kurtovski calls $1.50
trapeze folds

(I'm a little worried about the double min-reraise...)

Turn: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

kurtovski checks
thenewguy77 bets $2.25
kurtovski calls $2.25

River: 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif6 /images/graemlins/club.gif

kurtovski checks
thenewguy77 bets $4
kurtovski calls $4

(I can argue for both more aggression and less. the double minraise, to me, means someone has real strength. I'm thinking 2 pair as the worst, a set or a straight more likely. Yet my hand is too strong at any point to fold.)

Thoughts?

ymu
11-06-2006, 05:16 PM
This looks fine. He could have a straight or a set, but I'd expect both to charge you more on the turn on that board. But then he appears to be an idiot from his minraising so bet-sizing isn't much of a clue here. He could have a worse 2 pair or a busted flush/combo draw. He's not charging you much on the river, so a call is fine.

There's no point getting aggressive on that board at any point. If they have a better hand, you're spewing with a raise, and if they have a worse hand they're probably folding. You have the flush draw covered, so if he's letting you draw cheaply, draw cheaply.

Bowlboy
11-06-2006, 05:18 PM
I like check-raising this turn with 13 outs to a flush or a full house. You may have the best hand now. villain just could be firing the turn because you only called his flop raise, thinking he is still ahead. You might get him to check behind the hand with a set of nines on the river here, fearing the straight.

Antinome
11-06-2006, 05:21 PM
First convert your hand. I play in that game occasionally, and recognize several names, including yours.

Second, you need to bet more on the flop. That 'I'm setting my price to draw' bet is utterly transparent. I'd reraise you a PSB on general principle with almost ATC, and you'd have to fold. You could counter by mixing in some monsters. That's the standard adjustment the draw-price-setters use. Of course, that means you will not get maximum value for your monsters, and you'll be giving me odds to suck out on you if I'm drawing, which is nice.

So bet 1.25 to maximize your fold equity and disguise your hand. See if you get minraised after you do that.

Preflop is meh. You better be winning hands like this one without a showdown if you expect to make calling here profitable.

ChipStorm
11-06-2006, 05:24 PM
I'd fold it preflop. This hand has some tough decisions, largely because you're playing a non-nut drawing hand OOP. FR, I'm not completing SB w/ Kxs.

As played, I check flop and see if I get a decent price to draw. I call the raise; your implied odds are OK.

A turn checkraise is tempting. You have two-pair and the flush draw. But I probably call with you.

I c/c river too.

ymu
11-06-2006, 05:27 PM
I don't think the flop bet is that bad - it's 67% of pot. He has 14 outs to improve and may have the best hand right now, so plenty enough to call a PSB. He should probably be charging straight draws more, and I'd probably bet pot here - but 0.50 isn't a minbet or anything, it's just a very small pot.

kurto
11-06-2006, 05:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
First convert your hand. I play in that game occasionally, and recognize several names, including yours.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't! This is from Full Tilt and I haven't figured out yet if they mail you hand histories. I posted this on pokerhand.org and copied the relevent parts since it shows results. (ssshhhh... I'm posting at work. So I don't have access to the original hands)

[ QUOTE ]
Second, you need to bet more on the flop. That 'I'm setting my price to draw' bet is utterly transparent.

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest with you, I was confused when I saw the bet amount this afternoon when I looked at the hand. Why did I only bet $.65??? But, the pot is only $.65 so I figure it was the slider's next stop... and that's nearly pot. This is consistant with me betting pot (or darn close to it) regardless of what I have.

[ QUOTE ]
I'd reraise you a PSB on general principle with almost ATC, and you'd have to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again.. you realize I bet 3/4 pot here. That's not exactly a weak bet. And depending on the player, I would often reraise you again here with this hand. I was more troubled that 2 people saw fit to raise after my bet.

[ QUOTE ]
So bet 1.25 to maximize your fold equity and disguise your hand. See if you get minraised after you do that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. Your pot bet is often double the pot? (I'm not necessarily opposed to it, but most of my bets are usually 2/3 to psb

Antinome
11-06-2006, 05:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think the flop bet is that bad - it's 67% of pot. He has 14 outs to improve and may have the best hand right now, so plenty enough to call a PSB. He should probably be charging straight draws more, and I'd probably bet pot here - but 0.50 isn't a minbet or anything, it's just a very small pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

It isn't a minbet, but it is under pot in a miniscule pot which screams weakness at a time when you need to be representing strength. A PSB is much better...

I rarely let anyone have the option of calling anything less than a dollar when I want them to fold. You get looked up or reraised too much with unpredictable holdings.

Edit- Maybe I'm reading too much weakness into bets like that. I see .50 and think, wow, this guy hates his hand so much he won't even bet pot in a sad little .75 cent pot (less rake, right?) No way can he call a raise.

Edit 2- Overbetting the pot. Yes, I overbet the pot here. When I'm drawing I want FE, and when I'm ahead I want to start building a pot. Most 25NL players think in absolute values and will not consider 1.25 a big bet. I do this a little bit less in 50NL, and stop completely at 100NL or above.

Yaboosh
11-06-2006, 05:55 PM
For hand histories from Full Tilt, you have to select in the options menu to save hand histories to your computer.

kurto
11-06-2006, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
For hand histories from Full Tilt, you have to select in the options menu to save hand histories to your computer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have it do this. The problem is that I'm at work. Since I usually post here during slow periods at work, I don't have access to my computer.

After a session I post a lot of hands on Pokerhand.org because it immediately gives me odds breakdowns. When I get to work, this is all I have for handhistories.