PDA

View Full Version : Should I fold to his bet

TylerSoapCO
11-06-2006, 04:23 PM
Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
10 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, UTG+2 (poster) checks, 2 folds, MP3 calls, Hero calls, 2 folds, 2 folds, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.1, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+2 bets $1.27</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls, MP3 calls.

My read on UTG+2 is that he is Loose-Aggressive, and that BB is Weak-Tight. But I don't have a clue of what type of player MP3 is, he had just joined the table. So when I raised I expect BB to fold if he dosīt have a really god hand, and I believe that UTG+2 has something like Ax and that he would call me to the end with that hand.

Turn: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($10.1, 3 players)
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $3</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

When UTG+2 checks, I pretty sure that I have a better hand than him, but MP3 bets.
And now to my question, should i be scared of MP3 betting here. Should I expect top pair hold up here against an unknown player at this level often enough to make a profit?

River: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($19.1, 3 players)
UTG+2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $3</font>, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Final pot: $28.1

As you can see I called it down here, should instead put in a small raise for information and fold to a reraise or fold on the river if called? I believe that maybe that way a could save a buck or two here. Or is it a easy fold or what? Iīm lost here help me out.

carnivalhobo
11-06-2006, 04:36 PM
raise preflop

kurto
11-06-2006, 04:44 PM
I agree about the raise PF.

PF- Fine.

I'm concerned that MP3 woke up on the turn.

At the same time- call it a weakness of mine, I'm not folding TPTK to those tiny bets.

Its a lot more difficult to put anyone on a hand since you all limped.

Frankly, when I'm running bad, I sometimes limp AQ or AK out of position full ring if the table is full of calling stations because I hate bad position. You're in late middle position, you want to buy the button. You don't want others coming in cheap. And you have a good hand.

There's no good reason to limp here.

clearcut
11-06-2006, 04:45 PM
raise preflop and raise more on the flop

Bowlboy
11-06-2006, 04:47 PM
as played you have left yourself in a difficult position. Failing to raise PF with this hand is just bad. You make way more preflop here than you do after the flop. It's quite possible somebody has made 2pair here or picked up a gutshot.

On the turn, MP3 could have made a set or improved to two pair as well.

The result of you not raising this PF is a large multiway pot that you can expect to win rarely. Instead you could have likely taken this pot down Preflop or with a post flop continuation bet. Turn and river are both spew imo. MP3 could have moved ahead of you or picked up a straight or flush draw. Simply calling is bad against either of these situations. Its not very likely that MP3 is donking the turn with a worse hand than yours unless he has a strong draw.

Slava_sky
11-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Raise preflop $1. You want heads-up with AK in order to kick him out, if you get nothing.

Turn - raise pot. He is straight drawin, let him pay you for not came straight or have a chance of folding possible straight and avoiding loss of money.

Pokey
11-06-2006, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. Oh, and before you say "but I'm asking about the OTHER decisions in the hand!" read this post by the Grunch (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Number=6454057). By screwing this hand up preflop you created all sorts of difficult decisions for yourself later in the hand. Don't do that -- save the difficult decisions for your OPPONENTS. Let THEM screw 'em up.

As played, I like a turn raise to about $10. I'm hoping to charge draws and weaker aces. If called, I expect they will check to me on the river, and I can check behind and see if TPTK holds up.

As played, this river bet is a no-brainer call. Raising is suicidal, and your thinking on the matter is completely backwards:

[ QUOTE ]

As you can see I called it down here, should instead put in a small raise for information and fold to a reraise or fold on the river if called? I believe that maybe that way a could save a buck or two here.

[/ QUOTE ]

How on earth could raise/folding save you money relative to smooth-calling? Smooth-calling puts the least money into the pot, and that's not a bad outcome here. The idea of making a tiny raise and then folding to a three-bet is awful -- if you want to leave a tip, save it for the waitress at your next restaurant meal. There's no reason to tip villains for hitting good hands.

TylerSoapCO
11-07-2006, 08:06 AM
UTG+2 had 2d 4h for two pair, and MP3 had Ah Kc for a two pair as well.

So it wasīt just my play that was far of my read wasīt any god either.

eternal_
11-07-2006, 08:58 AM
raise preflop,raise more on flop.