PDA

View Full Version : **uNL Concept of the week: Week 3, Pot Control**

EMc
11-06-2006, 03:19 PM
NL is a complex game. We all know this. Sure, you get 2 cards, but the game is far more than just the 2 in your hand and the 5 on the board. For the next few weeks, uNL is going to have a concept of the week thread discussing a certain concept or theory in NL Hold'em.

In this thread you should post HH's showing situations where the concept was applied effectively as well as examples of poor usage of the concept. Also, please debate over various aspects of the concept and it's pro's and con's.

__________________________________________________ _________

<font color="blue"> Week 3, Pot Control </font>

What is pot control
Pot control is the idea of controling the size of the pot, whether you wish to make it small or big. In the Little Green Book by Phil Gordon, he has a over simplified but yet important saying: "Small hand, small pot; Big hand, big pot." Pot control is about making the pot big or small, but is usually discussed on keeping the pot small or managable.

Why to exercise pot control

Touched on in the first sentence, certain hands are best played in a small pot situation, certain hands are best played in a large pot situation. By keeping the pot small on earlier rounds, it makes putting the bets put in with "marginal" hands smaller and keeps the pot a reasonable size and you are not bringing a knife to a gun fight.

When to use pot control

Pot control is best applied when you have a hand with good showdown value but can't take a lot of heat. It is also good against tighter opponents who often arent calling with the same crap the fish are. It is best applied in a Way Ahead, Way Behind situation.

How to exercise pot control

Often, pot control can be exercised in a few manners. When in position, the best way is often checking the turn when the board isn't particularly drawy or you arent vunerable. Another way to exercise pot control is to call a bet when lead into as the PFR, not raise. When OOP, pot control can be exercised by often by your general bet size, and also by check calling

Anything Else

Knowing when to use pot control is important. You should still be valuebetting a lot of hands, and not sacrificing clear valuebets in the name of pot control. But sometimes, you just need/want to get to showdown, and thats where pot control comes in.

What about making the pot large?

When you have a big hand, you wanna get the monies in the pot, but also wanna do it in a clear and safe manner. You need to bet enough on earlier streets to stop a draw from being profitable, but have enough behind to bet on a later street to also make the draw unprofitable.

__________________________________________________ _______
This guy is a 22/10 TAG, multitables, isnt too bad.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $.25/$.50
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $35
UTG+1: $20
Hero: $50
Button: $15.50
SB: $47.75
BB: $121.85

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG calls, 1 folds, <font color="red"> Hero raises to $2.5 </font>, 2 folds, BB calls.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 :clubs: 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5, 2 players)
BB checks,<font color="red"> Hero bets $4,</font> BB calls.

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
BB checks, Hero Checks

River: 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($13, 2 players)
<font color="red"> BB Bets $10 </font>, Hero Calls

Results:
BB shows A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

Here, I checked the turn to make the pot small and managable, as I was WA/WB. I may have lost this hand but I lost the minimum I shouldve lost with this hand.

kurto
11-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Crappy Kicker Pot Control (http://www.pokerhand.org/?596107)

An argument can be made to lead the flop here. I would rathar have a small pot here. Also- players have been taking stabs at these with underpairs. I think this is classic WA/WB but with little chance for improvement.

ChipStorm
11-06-2006, 03:42 PM
<font color="blue">Small hand, small pot:</font>

Poker Stars
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
8 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $109.25
Hero: $55.10
MP1: $19.80
MP2: $35.55
CO: $21.75
Button: $9.65
SB: $49
BB: $140.35

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, Hero calls, 4 folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1.5, 3 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1</font>, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/club.gif ($3.5, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue">Some might argue for betting this turn. Clearly there are draws to worry about, but my hand is at the low end of the food chain for this board, and I can take zero heat.

Couldn't I just bet to try and take it down, and fold to a raise? Sure I could. But what am I going to do when villain calls, then leads a blank river for 1/3-1/2 pot? I'm much better off keeping this small, and just maybe picking off a small bluff, than building the pot and giving myself anguish on the river.</font>

River: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($3.5, 2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue">What can possibly call me here that I beat? I have showdown value, so I'm not risking a checkraise, to which I would obviously have to fold. Check through.</font>

Results:
Final pot: $3.5
<font color="#ffffff">BB showed 6d 3s</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero showed 8c 8s</font>

redCashion
11-06-2006, 03:45 PM
When in position I like to bet the turn, and check behind on the river to practice pot control. This gives a few advantages, in not allowing an opponent to draw out on me, by giving people the opportunity to fold on the turn, and by not inducing the auto-bet that you often face on the river once you checked the turn. I hate those bets because I never know if it represents strength or is just the reflexive "he must be weak since he checked the turn".

Of course betting the turn is only effective pot control if they check the river, but they usually do check unless they have a big hand.

kurto
11-06-2006, 03:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
When in position I like to bet the turn, and check behind on the river to practice pot control. This gives a few advantages, in not allowing an opponent to draw out on me, by giving people the opportunity to fold on the turn, and by not inducing the auto-bet that you often face on the river once you checked the turn. I hate those bets because I never know if it represents strength or is just the reflexive "he must be weak since he checked the turn".

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree. I much prefer betting the turn and checking the river then giving someone an opportunity to bluff the river making a bet much larger then I want to call.

[ QUOTE ]
Of course betting the turn is only effective pot control if they check the river, but they usually do check unless they have a big hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. Though they will bet the river if you check the turn. Then you're wondering if you got outdrawn... you're not controlling the betsize... and of course you lost an opportunity to have them fold out a better hand on the turn.

jonyy6788
11-06-2006, 06:17 PM
Checking turn often induces weaker hands to lead out/call on the river as well, so it's a real tug of war in my mind. You really need to know what your plan of action is on the river regardless of what you do on the turn (check/bet).

Phytopath
11-06-2006, 06:44 PM
I use both, bet turn for showdown and check turn to induce a call/bluff on the river. It depends on the hand. With TP good kicker I'll typically check the turn, whereas with 2nd pair type hands I'll typically bet the turn. Obviously this is all player dependant.

matrix
11-06-2006, 07:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Checking turn often induces weaker hands to lead out/call on the river as well, so it's a real tug of war in my mind. You really need to know what your plan of action is on the river regardless of what you do on the turn (check/bet).

[/ QUOTE ]

How good is your hand and whats it's showdown value?

answer this question and you can more easily decide you plan on the turn.

Do I have middle pair+, either paired MP on the board or a middling pocket pair? can I beat a busted draw??

If the answer to that is yes then more often check the turn and plan on calling any river bet (if the villain is aggro or is likely to bluff his missed draw) IF THE LIKELY DRAW MISSES!

e.g. board is 2flush A94 turn is a brick and it's checked to us. if we have 98s(but no flush draw) our hand has SD value but is very vulnerable. So we check the turn to induce a bluff and also to keep the pot small if the river misses the likely draw and villain bets out we can safely call.

Checking the turn means that the size of villains river bet is kept lower as bets are generally in relation to the potsize. So we keep the pot small as we have a small hand.

If we have KQo on the same board now we want to bet the turn as it charges villain to draw to his flush, it also might win us the pot there and then, and it means villain will likely check to us if his draw misses, (so we can check behind and see the SD and *maybe* our nut no pair hand might be good) however as villain calls a turn bet it's likely he has a little something, perhaps he caught bottom pair on the turn, and he's unlikely to fold to a river bet often enough to make the river bet +EV in the long run.

munkey
11-07-2006, 09:55 AM
I always feel pot control empahsises the value of postion. As pots are easier to control IP than OOP as we can always check the turn or river if checked too.

OOP I like to call flop,lead turn and block the river with a good but not great hand(vs. villans range). Note I also do this with great hands too sometimes but bet the river more.

Example (old as I struggled to find one)
Villan is 20/10 TAGGY villan. BTW this was before I started reraising preflop more.

Full Tilt Poker
4 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $55.75
Button: $71.80
Hero: $66.75
BB: $64.70

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($5.25, 3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($12.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, UTG calls.

<font color="blue">I lead the turn here for the lower end of my turn bet size and am willing to fold to a raise vs this villan his smooth call I put him on Ax -may be a split or weaker Ace </font>

River: J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($26.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $12</font>, UTG calls.

<font color="blue">That Jack means AJ now beats me but {AK,AQ,AT} I 'beat', so I block/vbet the river for 1/2</font>

Results:
Final pot: $50.25
<font color="blue"> A medium pot size (~50bbs invested)for my 1 pair hand vs. villans range and I've got to showdown whilst gaining some value along the way. Villan was also co-operating with pot control along the way(as he wanted a smalish pot too) which assisted the hand reading of putting him on Ax so I could have bet the river for slightly more in hindsight.

</font>

Hero showed As Kh
UTG mucks Qh Ac

ChipStorm
11-07-2006, 10:13 AM
Munkey, how do you play if that flop is two-tone or otherwise wet? A/Q/J, A/J/T? T/9/8?

munkey
11-07-2006, 10:42 AM
ChipStorm

Hard to say what I do but in general.
If the flop was 2tone I will often lead turn (as here) to charge flush draws but I often still call the flop rather than raise to make the pot smaller on the turn and check/call block river.

If its particularly drawy as in AQJ I probaby raise the flop then shutdown and check/call small bets or fold to heavy turn action. If turn checked through I sometimes block river even though they may have a missed draw to prevent PSB bluffs on river I may not be willing to call.(I suck at big river bets made into me)

Alternatively I may wait till turn and if it bricks bet where my pot equity is higher but if flop was AQj 2 tone probably not becaue of 2pair potential I may just simply check/fold it especially if multiway.

I'm not really sure what I do, but thinking about it as a general principle I prefer to take the line that helps me the most in hand reading whilst risking the least - if that makes any sense.

I'll try and explain better with an example. If that means raising the flop with a weak TPGK hand big and potentially making the flop pot big then so be it. But as I intended to shutdown, villan by calling my big raise informs me that my hand is likely beaten (asume non-drawy flop) so I have risked on the flop the same amount as check-calling a a 2/3 turn bet would have cost but less the information my flop raise gained. Sorry if a little confusing, I'm not particular goot at explaining.

How do you in general play these kind of wet flops you describe? Do you play the hand I posted similarly or different?

What lines do you and others take for pot control OOP?
BTW for some reason I wouldn't mind seeing people's common big pot lines where villan is trying to pot control...

ChipStorm
11-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Munkey,

I would probably screw up your hand, wet flop or no, as I play FR and am pretty bad shorthanded. But AK OOP can be a tough hand, and a good one for pot control since it rarely flops huge.

At a ring table, UTG is going to have a very tight raising range, so I might take your line even with a wet flop, figuring him to be much more likely on a pair and less likely to have a drawing hand. So we can still go for pot control with the flop check.

But 4-handed, or ring when raiser is MP3 or later, I would expect the prospect of villain having a draw to be much more likely. Then checking the flop gets dicey, and we have to ask ourselves if we should have reraised preflop.

jgunnip
11-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Is there a HH converter that converts PT HHs? anyway, here's a hand that reminded me of this thread

CO ($48.25)
BTN hero ($200.20) KQo
SB villan ($39.15)
BB ($57.70)
UTG ($50.75)

2 folds, Hero bets $2, SB calls, bb folds

*** FLOP *** [6s 9c Jd] ($4.5)
villan checks, hero bets $3.5, villan calls
*** TURN *** [6s 9c Jd] [Qc]
villan checks, hero checks
*** RIVER *** [6s 9c Jd Qc] [Js]
villan checks, hero bets $4, villan calls with 77

Archon_Wing
11-07-2006, 04:51 PM
PT HHs should be converted like another HH; which site are you playing?

EMc
11-07-2006, 07:07 PM
suggestions for next weeks concepts?

lorez
11-07-2006, 07:10 PM
This is my most recent attempt at pot control after reading this thread. I felt a lot more comfortable playing this hand than I normally do while checking the turn. I think I might of left some chips on the table on the river. This was the 4th hand on the trot that I'd raised preflop and the first that went beyond the flop:

Poker Stars
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
4 players

Stack sizes:
Hero: $27
Button: $14.05
SB: $17.20
BB: $17.35

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB calls.

Turn: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($5.75, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($5.75, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

Results:
Final pot: $5.75
SB showed Jd Kd
Hero showed Ks Ah

Imrahil
11-07-2006, 07:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This is my most recent attempt at pot control after reading this thread. I felt a lot more comfortable playing this hand than I normally do while checking the turn. I think I might of left some chips on the table on the river. This was the 4th hand on the trot that I'd raised preflop and the first that went beyond the flop:

Poker Stars
4 players

Stack sizes:

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB folds.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, SB calls.

SB checks, Hero checks.

SB checks, Hero checks.

Results:
SB showed Jd Kd
Hero showed Ks Ah

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise to $2.50 on the flop. I'd bet the river.

lorez
11-07-2006, 07:29 PM
why bet $2.5 on the flop?

lorez
11-07-2006, 07:29 PM
maybe the next topic should be why we should leave the bet pot button alone? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Maybe something on playing combo draws as there seems to be a lot of posts about the correct way to play them. Maybe concentrate on the lesser combo draws as OESFD's are very easy to play.

Imrahil
11-07-2006, 07:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why bet $2.5 on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're giving him almost 3 to 1 odds with your original raise. By raising more you are making it a mistake for him to draw. The flop is very draw heavy so you need to raise more than if it was A72r.

lorez
11-07-2006, 07:39 PM
so giving villain enough rope to hang himself isn't a factor? Or being able to control yourself with top pair and fold to any action? We need villains to draw to hands and should give them juicey odds to do so. Isn't giving 3-1 odds enough to charge anyone on a flush draw, or am I confused?

oreopimp
11-07-2006, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Full Tilt Poker
4 players

Stack sizes:
UTG: $55.75
Button: $71.80
Hero: $66.75
BB: $64.70

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif K/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, Button folds, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($5.25, 3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls, BB folds.

Turn: 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($12.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $7</font>, UTG calls.

<font color="blue">I lead the turn here for the lower end of my turn bet size and am willing to fold to a raise vs this villan his smooth call I put him on Ax -may be a split or weaker Ace </font>

River: J/images/graemlins/club.gif ($26.25, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $12</font>, UTG calls.

<font color="blue">That Jack means AJ now beats me but {AK,AQ,AT} I 'beat', so I block/vbet the river for 1/2</font>

Results:
Final pot: $50.25

[/ QUOTE ]

ChipStorm
11-08-2006, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I've used the phrase "reverse implied odds" a lot in the last couple of weeeks. I think it would be worth a writeup.

jgunnip
11-08-2006, 04:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Poker Stars
4 players

Stack sizes:

SB checks, Hero checks.

SB checks, Hero checks.

Results:
SB showed Jd Kd
Hero showed Ks Ah

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet at least $2 on the flop since that would be my stand c-bet size.

You're defintely missing a river value bet here, $3-3.5 would be a good size. A check behind is fine with a marginal holding like A7 or JT, but villan has shown no indication that he can't have a one pair hand here.

Grifter
11-08-2006, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Poker Stars
4 players

Stack sizes:

SB checks, Hero checks.

SB checks, Hero checks.

Results:
SB showed Jd Kd
Hero showed Ks Ah

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one that thinks hero should bet the turn here? I mean, he has TPTK and just picked up the NFD. People will call will all sorts of bad aces here, and Jxs will call as well. Hero is ahead here a vast majority of the time. This isn't exactly wa/wb by any means. I think there is lots of missed value here.

EMc
11-08-2006, 04:33 PM
I think that hero played the turn fine. No need to get c/r outta town. He needs to VB the river i think however.

kerplunkNL
11-08-2006, 06:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WA/WB situations?

Shaddux
11-08-2006, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe you can discuss various lines to take after cbetting. There was a good thread about this a while ago, but I don't know where it went. Basically OP was confused about a couple situations (I think I remember them correctly): (1) when he cbets OOP, checks turn, and is bet into, and (2) when he cbets in position, turn is checked through, and villain leads river.

If possible, maybe a more general postflop discussion around this area would be a good topic.

Jay Riall
11-08-2006, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Poker Stars
4 players

Stack sizes:

SB checks, Hero checks.

SB checks, Hero checks.

Results:
SB showed Jd Kd
Hero showed Ks Ah

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to know when to apply pot control to a hand. This is not that hand. You should be value betting this hand. Checking the river is terrible.

Shaddux
11-08-2006, 09:48 PM
Yeah I think you missed a lot of value here.

Shoot59
11-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Suggestions for more of these threads: (Love these by the way).

-Playing Draws (esp OOP)
-Value Betting (I personally leave lots of value on the table)
-Donk Betting (how to counter it, when to use it)
-Using PAHUD effectively
-Table Selection (maybe not much use at uNL since most tables are fishy)

Keep up the good discussion!

Fuzzwah
11-08-2006, 10:50 PM
Great thread.

I'd like to see one done on playing gutshots, as its an area where I feel really lost at times (even tho I'm aware of the odds I need to get to make calling correct).

Imrahil
11-09-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm assuming this is a good example of pot control?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($25.45)
BB ($12.95)
UTG ($16.20)
MP ($11.90)
Hero ($61.30)
Button ($19)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.25, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $1.15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP folds.

Flop: ($3) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, SB calls $2.

Turn: ($7) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: ($7) Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $3.5</font>, Hero calls $3.50.

Final Pot: $14

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has 7h 7s (full house, sevens full of queens).
Hero has Qh Ah (three of a kind, queens).
Outcome: SB wins $14. </font>

jakeduke
11-09-2006, 08:02 PM
Other concepts I thought of (could be too specific/difficult to explain):

Check raising the flop
Check raising the turn
Adjusting your play after hands that change your image
Overbetting
Blocking bets

I really like the OOP draws and reverse implied odds ideas as well.

Shoot59 - MikeyPatriot started two really good threads about seat selection here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=ssplnlpoker&amp;Number=706455 2&amp;Searchpage=1&amp;Main=7064552&amp;Words=-re%3A+MikeyPatriot&amp;topic=&amp;Search=true#Post7064552) and here (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Board=ssplnlpoker&amp;Number=706838 5&amp;Searchpage=1&amp;Main=7068385&amp;Words=-re%3A+MikeyPatriot&amp;topic=&amp;Search=true#Post7068385)

Jay Riall
11-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Playing draws OOP for sure. Playing draws in position are easy.

Shaddux
11-09-2006, 11:16 PM
I think db had a good c/r thread. Not sure though.

EMc
11-09-2006, 11:23 PM
right now its probably gonna either be RIO or VBing, depending on a few factors. Im leaning towards VBing.

CrustyFace
11-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Slightly off topic, but would it be possible for the OP to link all of the other ( two ) concept of the weeks into the first post of each, just so you can find the others more easily?

EMc
11-10-2006, 12:20 AM
look in the essential selection

kaz2107
11-10-2006, 01:17 AM
i vote for playin draws oop for the next one

Shoot59
11-10-2006, 03:53 AM
thanks for the links jake!

Jay Riall
11-10-2006, 06:59 AM
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=1#Post7994180 (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&amp;Number=7994180&amp;an=0&amp;page=1#Post 7994180)

Great post by bilbo-sans on c-betting and general bettinon the flop.

NL Newbie
11-10-2006, 07:13 AM
next weeks should be CBETTING - What flops to cbet, Monotones? Broadway filled? paired rags? 1oc+2rags?

HU? 3way? 2nd in 3way pot? last in 4 way pot? Cbet with outs, or without to avoid folding nice draw?

Etc etc

munkey
11-10-2006, 08:16 AM
Ye nice post by Bilbo-san - I missed that one.
Thanks Jay
EmC

I vote for value betting.

ettorek
11-10-2006, 09:43 AM
Relly cool thread: thanks all!