PDA

View Full Version : What are you thoughts on this one?

CrustyFace
11-06-2006, 01:22 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
8 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $4.15
UTG+1: $5.30
MP1: $18.15
MP2: $4
CO: $9.85
Crustyface: $10.05
SB: $10.15
BB: $7.20

Pre-flop: (8 players) Crustyface is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG calls, 2 folds, MP2 (poster) checks, CO folds, <font color="#cc0000">Crustyface raises to $0.6</font>, 2 folds, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

Flop: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1.45, 2 players)
UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Crustyface bets $1</font>, UTG calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($3.45, 2 players)
UTG checks, Crustyface checks.

River: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($3.45, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG is all-in $2.55</font>

I didn't really have the read on the guy. He could easily have a J in the early position that he was in. He also smooth called my turn bet so here i want to fold.

What would you do?

PietM
11-06-2006, 01:25 PM
I don't play FR, but here are my thoughts.

If UTG has been fairly loose I like your raise. At least you got him isolated. Your bet on the flop is pretty standard (although a bit on the small side, I would make it $1.30/$1.40 here).

Checking behind on the turn is fine. I'd fold to his river bet, pretty sure he has a J or 7 here.

banana182
11-06-2006, 01:30 PM
I think your play is fine. Make sure your flop bets are PSB's. I'm not sure what your confusion is on the river. You don't
have anything so that's an instafold IMO.

Shaddux
11-06-2006, 01:32 PM
Like Grunch said in your other thread, you really have to stop thinking that your opponents are bluffing you all the time.

Fold.

PietM
11-06-2006, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like Grunch said in your other thread, you really have to stop thinking that your opponents are bluffing you all the time.

Fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed that thread. Villains will rarely bluff all-in on the µNL-levels. When they go all-in, they've got some piece of the board. Until you have a strong read villain is a bluffer (and be sure to make a note of it), fold to these kind of bets, unless you think you can really beat him.

CrustyFace
11-06-2006, 01:41 PM
Well here i did take yesterdays advice and i did instafold. I really just wanted some confirmation that i played it correctly.

ATrain
11-06-2006, 02:02 PM
I have a question about calling on the river when you think he is bluffing. Don't you need a hand to call with? If you are very sure he is bluffing, is A-high strong enough? He could be bluffing with 22, bottom pair, etc. What kind of hand would you need to call with?

Also, I've read that you need a couple of reasons to call on the end if you think he is bluffing. Can somebody describe a situation where you might call if you think that the river bet is a bluff some percentage of the time?