PDA

View Full Version : 50nl 6m: passive line with AQ.

Jigsaws
11-06-2006, 12:10 PM
I felt incredibly weak during this whole hand. Help me put in the raises?

MP is 40/2/1.5 over 80 hands. I don't know what his weak donk into me means, but I don't think he folds a 9 to a raise.

BB is 27/8/2.5 over 134 hands. He hasn't been calling my button raises (>35% at this table) much at all. We haven't really had a hand together so far, besides one or two where I took it down with a c-bet. I think he's alrightish, but he probably calls a bit too much.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) internettexasholdem.com (http://www.internettexasholdem.com)

Hero ($72)
SB ($84)
BB ($25.30)
UTG ($56.15)
MP ($42.20)
CO ($41.85)

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $0.50, CO calls $0.50, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $2.50, MP calls $2.50, CO folds.

Flop: ($9.75) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1, BB calls $1.

Turn: ($12.75) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets $1</font>, Hero calls $1, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $3</font>, MP calls $2, Hero calls $2.

River: ($21.75) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets $2</font>, MP folds, Hero calls $2.

Final Pot: $25.75

Eh. Why did I leave in the results?

DanJ.
11-06-2006, 12:15 PM
i raise the flop donk a lot, im definatly raising the turn donk tho

ATrain
11-06-2006, 12:19 PM
MP is loose, but has he been calling raises with garbage? I doubt he has a 3, especially with those weak bets. I think the turn is where I would raise. The only hand he could have that you lose to is A9 (maybe AK). However, I don't know what I would do if re-raised. Does that seem right?

Pokey
11-06-2006, 12:31 PM
In the future, don't include the results of the hand; it biases your responses.

On the flop you could easily be behind, and that gives you two choices:

1. Call that weaksauce bet and take fantastic odds to improve.
2. Raise that weaksauce bet, regain control of the hand, and isolate against an idiot or possibly win the hand outright.

My personal preference is to raise the flop because -- well, because aggro is my bag, baby. A $1 bet screams "I'M SCARED!" and given that, I'd really like to put a monster under his bed. Raising to $9 would accomplish that nicely. He'll have a hard time calling without at least a 9, and his $1 bet certainly doesn't imply that. Remember: bad players love to donkbet on paired boards in the hopes of pushing you off a better-but-unimproved hand. A side benefit of this play is that even if he calls, you can check behind on a nasty turn card and see both the turn and river in the hopes of improving.

If you go with the pansy approach and smooth-call the flop looking to improve (NOTE: not necessarily bad, depending on how foldable he is and how worried you are about BB), you've GOT to put money in on the turn when you improve. I like a raise to $10. He calls that with any hand that beats a pair of nines -- TT through KK and any ace, along with the dreaded 3s. He also calls with flush draws. If you get called on the turn, I'm probably taking a free showdown by checking behind on the river unless I miracle up an ace or something, at which point I'm just pushing the river and hoping he's got a 3 and can't let go.

n1nj4.br
11-06-2006, 01:05 PM
raise flop
raise turn.