PDA

View Full Version : 50NL - Turned full house, hows my line?

dodgybob
11-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Did I extract enough value out of this hand? How should I have played it, b3b turn, or call turn, lead river?

WPEX
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $68.65
dodgybob: $48.50
Button: $38.10
SB: $48.75
BB: $27.70

Pre-flop: (5 players) dodgybob is CO with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">dodgybob raises to $2</font>, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($4.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">dodgybob bets $3</font>, Button calls.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/club.gif ($10.75, 2 players)
dodgybob checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $7</font>, <font color="#cc0000">dodgybob raises all-in $43.5</font>,

DanJ.
11-06-2006, 11:49 AM
bet the turn push if he raises, make him pay to hit his flush which he is drawing dead too. I think he would take a free card here a lot and just check behind.

dodgybob
11-06-2006, 11:50 AM
Why make him pay to draw to the flush when if he hits it im probably going to stack him?

In hindsight I probably should've just called the turn, giving him a chance to hit his flush.

DanJ.
11-06-2006, 11:54 AM
how sure are u that you will get his $33~ considering the board is paired + the pot on the river is $11?

dodgybob
11-06-2006, 11:55 AM
Well, he's obviously not calling my all in push on the turn, so what harm in giving him another chance to hit whatever outs he's drawing to is there?

Also gives him another chance to bluff the river.

Edit: Or am I trying to rep a flush draw on the turn here?

DanJ.
11-06-2006, 12:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, he's obviously not calling my all in push on the turn

[/ QUOTE ]

Why did u do it then?

[ QUOTE ]
so what harm in giving him another chance to hit whatever outs he's drawing to is there?

[/ QUOTE ]

you lose value.

If you bet the turn hes calling with QxXd possibly AdXx/KdXx, hes calling with 9x maybe raising and hes raising with QxXd/boat/flush/trips which is an easy call for u.

if you check, he will be checking behind quite a lot with single diamond hands (your stacking the others whether u bet or check) and hes only going to hit his flush 20% of the time, which is why u need to bet for value. i doubt he will be bluffing this board if u check to him on the river.

NSchandler
11-06-2006, 12:10 PM
Please bet this turn.

If you check here, he is checking behind quite often with hands he would have called a turn bet with.

dodgybob
11-06-2006, 12:14 PM
How much should I bet on the turn then, should I be betting low enough to price in flush draws?

DanJ.
11-06-2006, 12:16 PM
$7

ATrain
11-06-2006, 12:21 PM
I have a question. You bet $7, he calls and the river brings a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Do you bet out 1/2 pot and hope he pushes AI, or do you cr AI?

NSchandler
11-06-2006, 12:26 PM
Yeah I don't know, normally I'd bet about $8 or $9 in spots like this, but I'll bet a little less this time because he needs to realize his implied odds aren't that great on a paired board with 4 diamonds. That is, he's probably not expecting to make much if he hits his hand on the river, so you need to bump up his immediate pot odds a bit to induce him to stay in the hand. So I'd bet about $7 or so.

TomBrooks
11-06-2006, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why make him pay to draw to the flush when if he hits it im probably going to stack him?

[/ QUOTE ]
Because he'll pay and you at least collect that bet if he misses. But you have to offer him decent odds to draw or he'll fold.

I agree with most of the other responses it probably would have been better to bet out, but as played...with the pot around $18 after his bet, you could minraise and be offering him about 3.6:1 immediate odds, but you could probably raise a bit more because he will likely assume he can get some more money in implied odds if he connects. If you raised to $18, you'd be offering him about $36/11 immediate odds or 3.3:1 to call.

On the other hand, you can't raise too much, because since the board paired, he would have to consider he might be drawing dead with a flush draw, so I would probably raise about $10 to no more than $14.

How's that sound?

dodgybob
11-06-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm leaning towards the leading turn now, but as soon as the hand was over my immediate instinct was that I should've min raised instead of c/r ai.

Ah, finally a good spot for minraising =D