PDA

View Full Version : $50NL - But wait, _I_ have the flush...

deception5
11-06-2006, 10:41 AM
Villian is 33/12/1 over maybe 50 hands at the time. I considered all 3 options on the turn. Any suggestions? Any comments on the rest of the hand?

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
4 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $100
Hero: $112.65
SB: $20.45
BB: $121.70

Pre-flop: (4 players) Hero is Button with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $4</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6/images/graemlins/club.gif ($12, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB is all-in $16.45</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($61.35, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $61.35)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $33</font>, Hero ...

LetsHugItOut
11-06-2006, 10:57 AM
Push. Every worse flush (JdTd, Td9d) and many straights are making that same lead as BB and calling a push (probably not any sets, but at this level, who knows?). And you have an out against a better flush!

PS. All three options? Please don't fold.

ymu
11-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Most likely he has a set, possibly the straight - maybe a flush, or something funky with Ad. I don't like giving a cheap card to outdraw us, flush over flush is fairly rare - and hey, we have an out.

There's $127 in the pot when we call this bet and we have about $70 behind, so we might as well just push. He's calling with anything he's got.

You could consider raising the flop with this draw - but BB's flat call of the flop overbet is worrying, we only have 12 outs and not a huge amount of equity over a set, so a call there looks fine to me.

LaMbaL
11-06-2006, 11:01 AM
Ye, push. Youre beating like 75% of the hands he could be doing this with, and even if he has a K or A high flush you still have an out to the straight flush.

kazana
11-06-2006, 11:15 AM
Better hands won't fold to a push, but a few worse hands that might fold (straights, maybe sets) could bet the river "for value" if you only call.
I prefer to call here and get the rest in on the river.

deception5
11-06-2006, 12:32 PM
Thanks for the responses all, mostly just a sanity check. I briefly considered folding and then thought there was pretty much no way I was getting away from a 2 card queen high flush on a 4 straight board.

In the actual hand I called figuring he might be bet/folding an overpair here and that I might be able to trap for more by waiting. But I was really torn between pushing to charge a higher flush draw or calling to extract more from sets/straights on the river.

shpanko
11-06-2006, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Better hands won't fold to a push, but a few worse hands that might fold (straights, maybe sets) could bet the river "for value" if you only call.
I prefer to call here and get the rest in on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

The pot is big enough hy the time we push that villain will have to call with straights and lower flushes and villain won't be putting in much more on the river or turn with a set if we do raise. FWIW I think villain almost never has a set here because they would have to raise the flop because it's so drawy and if they didn't they sure as hell wouldn't bet out at that turn. Push is good.

TomBrooks
11-06-2006, 01:24 PM
If you don't push you give a better /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or a set correct odds to call.

kazana
11-06-2006, 01:34 PM
A set has 10 outs (4.5:1), a better /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 outs (6.4:1).
Pot odds: 2.9:1

A set needs to make at least another $53 on the river, and a better /images/graemlins/diamond.gif needs to make another $115 (impossible).

With ~$59 behind hero, this is carving value extremely thin for a set.

Shaddux
11-06-2006, 01:37 PM
I think it is more +EV to just hope he hit big and shove.

ymu
11-06-2006, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
A set has 10 outs (4.5:1), a better /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 outs (6.4:1).
Pot odds: 2.9:1

A set needs to make at least another $53 on the river, and a better /images/graemlins/diamond.gif needs to make another $115 (impossible).

With ~$59 behind hero, this is carving value extremely thin for a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
He's betting $33 to win approx $154 if we pay him off when he hits the river - this is fine for both a set and a better flush draw.

Total pot if it all goes in on the river is £245.75. A set has 22% equity ($54), a flush draw has $19% equity ($46.70).

We can't just call a $33 bet here - he's getting very good value if he's drawing.