MortenTA
11-06-2006, 07:10 AM
no reads on UTG
I busted SB a few hands ago for 10$ when he went AI with A9o against my TT

Cryptologic
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $53.10
UTG+1: $50
CO: $47.50
Button: $48.70
SB: $10.20
Hero: $58.60

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $2</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises all-in $10.2</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($30.6, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: $30.6)
Hero ?

Reef
11-06-2006, 07:44 AM
k, NL50 will probably be straight forward. I'm not a fan of the call pf. So easy for UTG to push over you then you usually have to fold. Plus you'll be OOP the whole time.

---
on this flop the only way we're ahead AND he'll put $$ in the pot is with AJ (I'd think some NL50 players can fold TPTK here). Other than that he plays perfectly most of the time (am I giving too much credit?).

valid options I see (effective stacks $43):
push - usually plays perfect but our best chance to win pot IMO
bet/call - we're usually behind in these situations
bet/fold - meh, but I wouldn't have called pf in the first place if only for set value.
check/fold - villian not so likely to bluff with no side pot

leaning towards push

MortenTA
11-06-2006, 07:53 AM
so your leaning towards a push preflop?

tehDiceman
11-06-2006, 08:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

postflop as a semibluff in hopes the villian with cash will fold instead of risking all his monies.

MortenTA
11-06-2006, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

postflop as a semibluff in hopes the villian with cash will fold instead of risking all his monies.

[/ QUOTE ]

push flop seems like only better hands will call us down ( maybe AJ )

tojx
11-06-2006, 10:06 AM
We have position, an overpair and potentially an opponent that probably hit the flop. Great to extract value here.
If UTG leads the flop a PFR would be great hoping he has top pair or AK/AQ. Pushing is ok too but I'd prefer to bet/raise because he'd probably fold too quickly then. Aggressive betting is my line here.

MortenTA
11-06-2006, 10:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
We have position

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.. were BB

ATrain
11-06-2006, 12:58 PM
Question: How many villains call such a big re-raise and cold call (by a presumably strong player) with AJ? If he does, then he's probably a weak player and will stack off with TPTK. However, I'd be more inclined to believe that he has either a pocket pair or AK, maybe AQ.

I was wondering if cold-calling preflop is standard or if a push would be better? I don't know what I would do on the flop, but I think checking isn't right, but I am not sure what I would do.

n1nj4.br
11-06-2006, 01:02 PM
i push pf specially because u dont have any reads on utg.

SubaruSTiMike
11-06-2006, 02:13 PM
Yeah, and if he calls with KK or AA, then that's pretty standard, I thikn villain here will ahve 2nd bets hand most of the time, a hand he wants to gamble and take a shot at a flop with sb's all in. Weaker than KK or AA in most cases, maybe JJ but his range is much bigger including Ak AJ AQ even 88+.