PDA

View Full Version : 50NL 6m FD, Turn gets complicated

Redd
11-06-2006, 12:35 AM
Party Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $76.18
UTG+1: $4.66
CO: $46.90
Hero: $95.55
SB: $42.93
BB: $65.70

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises to $1</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif 5/images/graemlins/club.gif ($4, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">CO bets $1.22</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises to $8</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, SB folds.

Turn: T/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($22.44, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets $18</font>, Hero...

Villains are your usual awful subjects. They're all very loose, and 4-way I expected my implied odds were much better than my fold equity so I just called the flop. Bad?

After the flop c/r, I doubt the guy is going anywhere if I poosh but I'm almost getting direct odds to call. So I do.

This guy is 42/13/3.5 or so, small sample but seems aggro. He's capable of doing this with a big draw (probably a 4, 2 /images/graemlins/club.gifs, or both), a PP &lt;55, a set, 46, or A4. He has ~39 left in his stack and I cover. What do you do, what do you do?

restrikt
11-06-2006, 12:38 AM
MMM... this is usually a 2-pair or set by villain. The confusing thing is how he didn't lead out on the flop - wouldn't he be scared of it being checked around (if he had a set?)

If you're going to stay in this hand, I like a push on the flop obviously. Otherwise, fold.

Redd
11-06-2006, 12:41 AM
FWIW, I wasn't convinced I was behind here. My read was that he could do this with 66,77,88,99, and he had played a strong draw hard on the flop/turn once before.

Check_The_Nuts
11-06-2006, 01:00 AM
probably go all in. Mostly because he'll fold if u hit your flush draw, and push if you don't. And you'll be left ??? if he pushes river, won't you?

Your hands pretty defined as a draw, I'd expect calls from a lot of worse stuff.

Redd
11-06-2006, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
wouldn't he be scared of it being checked around (if he had a set?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that most villains would be afraid of this, but this guy is a real knuckle-dragger.

Yaboosh
11-06-2006, 01:56 AM
Push, you have great equity against his range and you don't want to have to make a hero call if he open pushes any river.

ymu
11-06-2006, 02:05 AM
I like a fold preflop and definitely on the flop - it's a big overbet checkraise, you don't have a very strong draw and the reverse implied odds are huge if he's betting AcXc on the flop.

As played ... if he's doing this with less than a set or a straight, you have up to 14 outs, and you could be ahead at the moment. Your flush outs could be dead to AcXc - but you're probably ahead if that's the case.

I don't like this at all. We won't know which rivers have us ahead or behind and unless he checks the river, it looks like it'll be expensive to find out. I think I just fold.

orange
11-06-2006, 03:38 AM
Fold the flop the 2nd time around. I also prefer raising the flop initially. PF is okay if you have a solid handle on villan's play. I would probably fold the turn. Your hand is fairly faceup and I doubt you'll get paid if you hit.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-06-2006, 04:44 AM
i would just shove the flop once it came around again but i like to gambool

if you're confident in your read you should definitely shove the turn as you just sucked out on 66-99 and are now ahead of the draws in can have

edit: actually if he's aggro it might be best to just call here if you think he'll bluff his missed draws on the river. just calling gets awkward though if he misses and shoves the river, it'll be really hard to call him with just a ten. so actually actually, if he's really aggro i guess it's best to just shove the turn and hope he doesn't have a set