PDA

View Full Version : Is this a decent example of the semi-bluff for a free card?

CrustyFace
11-05-2006, 10:58 PM
I know i'm posting alot, but i'm new to this so bear with me. You guys are also soo helpful /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $36.40
UTG+1: $43.60
Crustyface: $35.10
MP2: $27.60
CO: $5.35
Button: $23.90
SB: $26.65
BB: $4.60

Pre-flop: (8 players) Crustyface is MP1 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Crustyface calls, 3 folds, SB calls, BB checks.

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/club.gif ($1, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Crustyface bets $0.5</font>, SB calls, 2 folds.

Turn: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($2, 2 players)
SB checks, Crustyface checks.

River: Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Crustyface raises to $2.75</font>, SB folds.
Uncalled bets: $1.75 returned to Crustyface.

Results:
Final pot: $4

How else could i have played this?

the machine
11-05-2006, 11:06 PM
raise or fold preflop and with this hand at FR from MP this is a fold. bet more then 1/2 pot if you want to stab at it on the flop. other then that, turn and river are fine, but id probably make a bet on this turn because it could be a scare card for villain who might be floating us with 77 or A8

CrustyFace
11-05-2006, 11:08 PM
Being only in middle position i didnt think this hand was raisable. However, recalling the scenario now, this table is fairly tight passive, so maybe a raise there would have encouraged a short handed flop.

the machine
11-05-2006, 11:12 PM
yeah but i dont want to get in there, flop a hand like one pair and have no idea where i am. people could have anything in a limped pot. if you are coming in OOP raise it up. and this isnt a hand worth a raise, so we should fold pf

CrustyFace
11-05-2006, 11:14 PM
So the conclusion here is that although this worked this time, i could so easily have gotten into a mess. So if i am going to come in with this i have raise with some assurance that is unlikely to get reraised.

The post-flop play here is fine.

Grunch
11-05-2006, 11:22 PM
Preflop is meh to me. So long as you don't overvalue marginal hands postflop.

Bet more on the flop. Bet the turn.

Bonesy
11-05-2006, 11:26 PM
It is a good example of a semibluff but you should be happy to take the pot down on the flop as well and your bet is too small. Make it at least 2/3.

CrustyFace
11-05-2006, 11:27 PM
Oh ok, new perspectives. So it is indecisive with how to play it preflop, but i should have bet more on the flop.

Grunch
11-05-2006, 11:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So it is indecisive with how to play it preflop, but i should have bet more on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't a vote. The challenge for you is to listen to a thousand differing opinions and distill from each one right thoughts and wrong thoughts. For example, I know I'm right about preflop. That doesn't mean it's what you should do.