PDA

View Full Version : hows my line?

tehDiceman
11-05-2006, 10:45 PM
continuation from last nights posts. how does this look? dont look at the results until after you post my line comments. ;-)

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP2 ($6.17)
Hero ($2.91)
Button ($3.12)
SB ($1.58)
BB ($3.13)
UTG ($1.52)
UTG+1 ($4.82)
MP1 ($2.20)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.02, MP1 calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls $0.09, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls $0.08, MP1 folds.

Flop: ($0.34) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.3</font>, SB calls $0.30, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: ($0.94) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.75</font>, SB calls $0.75.

River: ($2.44) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $2.44

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Td Kh (full house, kings full of sevens).
Hero has Ad 7d (full house, sevens full of kings).
Outcome: SB wins $2.44. </font>

sigurrostyp
11-05-2006, 10:49 PM
don't raise with A7 pre. The rest of the hand is fine but there is no point in raising pre here at all. This is like the only flop you can win a big pot with, and the rest of the time you don't know whether you are good or not. If u raise and get 2 callers and the flop is A104 you can't simply fold, but also it is very difficult to win money in the long run doing this so just don't raise pre. In position and SB I limp with this everywhere else I muck it.

Shaddux
11-05-2006, 10:56 PM
I don't raise this pf. Rest of the hand is fine.

tehDiceman
11-05-2006, 10:57 PM
i normally dont raise this hand preflop either, just throwing some diversity into the starting hands. it doesnt happen very often. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Shaddux
11-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Yeah...I just don't think you need diversity at $2NL lol.

matrix
11-05-2006, 11:02 PM
Raising A7s or Axs is standard preflop in LP (at least at the 6max tables I play)

as long as you realise that you need to make 2pair a flush or trips Good Kicker to play a big pot.

Our raise is for value so that the 1/20 times we make nut flush or hit some other good but hidden hand we maximise the chance of getting villains to call/make bigger bets on later streets and hopefully end up playing for stacks by the river.

Raiseit up preflop, CB flop (depending on texture and number of callers) then if you have a hand or a good draw with position at the turn carry on - if not fold.

If we are in position and we flop an Ace we can control the potsize and hopefully see a cheap SD and maybe win with our TP. Obv if the pot gets big and we have TPNK we have to bail.

as played:
i) don't post results.
ii) nh. but whats your plan on a non K river??

gir
11-05-2006, 11:12 PM
This is full ring with 8 people. Raising A7 or Ax is a mistake. 6-max is a different story (one which I agree with you).

Big Poppa Smurf
11-05-2006, 11:13 PM
this is completely fine

tehDiceman
11-05-2006, 11:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Raising A7s or Axs is standard preflop in LP (at least at the 6max tables I play)

as long as you realise that you need to make 2pair a flush or trips Good Kicker to play a big pot.

Our raise is for value so that the 1/20 times we make nut flush or hit some other good but hidden hand we maximise the chance of getting villains to call/make bigger bets on later streets and hopefully end up playing for stacks by the river.

Raiseit up preflop, CB flop (depending on texture and number of callers) then if you have a hand or a good draw with position at the turn carry on - if not fold.

If we are in position and we flop an Ace we can control the potsize and hopefully see a cheap SD and maybe win with our TP. Obv if the pot gets big and we have TPNK we have to bail.

as played:
i) don't post results.
ii) nh. but whats your plan on a non K river??

[/ QUOTE ]

probly not an all in but another healthy bet would definetely be in order. probly a dollar or so. i would have to go back and look at the stack sizes again, but you get the idea. it might end up being all in if i dont have much left.

Shaddux
11-06-2006, 12:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, if this was 6-max, I raise all day. But since it's full ring and there are limpers, is it better to limp this hand?

ymu
11-06-2006, 02:19 AM
I think raising it over limpers is better than limping behind - folding is probably best, unless you can find a fold without 2 pair or better and the table will pay off a flush. Raising it (should be to 0.12) is fine if the table are capable of folding stronger As to a raise, and to give you the initiative in a raised pot.

The rest of the hand is fine. Check on the river is good. No idea what SB has -looks like a typical passive, so it could be any PP, a K or a flush that made it on the turn - A high wouldn't surprise me on these tables. I don't like a river bet without an A or a 7 on the river - he could easily have a flush here. Hard to know if the K is good for us or not, but I suspect it is at least neutral. If I had to guess, I'd say he had something like 99.