PDA

View Full Version : The 10 NL 16 buyin dowswing over ~4k hands

Downrock
11-05-2006, 10:40 PM
This is likely to induce flames but in my current state I will probably enjoy it. I am quite possibly the worst player in the world. 16 buyins over 4k hands at 10 NL. This of course includes KK all in pre vs AA no less than 5 times. Many other tough breaks as well as drawouts included and im sure i donked off quite a few as well. Can anyone beat this downswing?

the machine
11-05-2006, 10:44 PM
BBV

these forums are for strategy. post some hands here and maybe you are just playing poorly. we can tell you what you may be doing wrong. as for posts like this do not clutter this forum up with them. post it in BBV and let those people make fun of you and ask for graphs

Downrock
11-05-2006, 10:45 PM
Exactly what I was looking for.

Downrock
11-05-2006, 10:47 PM
Can a mod move it over there so I can be ridiculed to no end for a 16 buyin downswing at retardedly low limits? Thanks.

the machine
11-05-2006, 10:49 PM
just cut and paste it

CrustyFace
11-05-2006, 11:06 PM
I find when i am on a downswing that it is because i get a bit AI happy. Maybe some of those KK v AA scenarios could have been avoided.

Push_Fold
11-05-2006, 11:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe some of those KK v AA scenarios could have been avoided.

[/ QUOTE ]

At uNL and even higher it is a serious mistake to start thinking about folding KK preflop b/c of AA fears.

Grunch
11-05-2006, 11:10 PM
What you need to hear more than anything else is the truth.

What are the chances that someone can lose 16 buyins over 4k hands and not be an overall losing player? I doubt the chances are very good at all.

Bonesy
11-05-2006, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What are the chances that someone can lose 16 buyins over 4k hands and not be an overall losing player? I doubt the chances are very good at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, you should post some of those stackers because even with some nice variance, 16 buyins seems excessive over 4k hands.

D.L.M.
11-05-2006, 11:30 PM
im up 3 buy ins at 6 max in less than 200 hands. And im sure i suck. dont be resutl oriented.

but i could add some theory ? to this thread to make it worth it.

what differences do i need to adjust to when i play full ring to 6 max. im sure that i need to be nut peddling more at 10 max..... any thing else i should know? right now i like the value betting of 6 max. it reminds me of hu and shed limit play which im good at. i just moved to nl and want to get to full ring eventually!

now 4
pot sized c bets and two pairs rule.

Shaddux
11-06-2006, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I find when i am on a downswing that it is because i get a bit AI happy. Maybe some of those KK v AA scenarios could have been avoided.

[/ QUOTE ]
I doubt it.

ybother
11-06-2006, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At uNL and even higher it is a serious mistake to start thinking about folding KK preflop b/c of AA fears.

[/ QUOTE ]

couldnt it be just as big a mistake to think "KK, im all in no matter what"?

Yaboosh
11-06-2006, 02:18 AM
No, no it couldn't, not preflop.

mother_brain
11-06-2006, 02:49 AM
Its hardly a mistake to put it in postflop.

OP: thanks for making me feel better about a crappy couple of days.

Everlong
11-06-2006, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]

OP: thanks for making me feel better about a crappy couple of days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shaddux
11-06-2006, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

couldnt it be just as big a mistake to think "KK, im all in no matter what"?

[/ QUOTE ]
no

Downrock
11-06-2006, 01:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is likely the case. Probably this is the reverse coming back to hit me of winning 44-45 buyins at paradise 5max in 7k hands or so. I've taken some sick sick beats but I can honestly say I'm probably completely responsible for at least 5 or 6 of the current buyins through terrible tilt infested play.

I picked up on and became a winner at limit fairly quickly and had a decent winrate over about 150k hands between .50/1 to $2/4, so I figured I could do it in NL as well but clearly I need a lot of work. The fact that I am running much worse than usual doesn't help anything either, but thanks for the wake up call guys. I'm quite certain I'd still be down 7-8 buyins even playing well... but 16 is pretty insane.

Shaddux
11-06-2006, 01:38 PM
At least it's only 10NL. From your limit experiences, this probably isn't detrimental to your br.

Downrock
11-06-2006, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At least it's only 10NL. From your limit experiences, this probably isn't detrimental to your br.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at all, just to my ego and mental health. I'm just going to have suck it up and keep on with the work to get better, because it is clear to me right now that I am pretty bad at NL.

kabouter
11-06-2006, 01:45 PM
but are you having 'fun'?

If not I would seriously consider moving down or quitting. I still love playing poker even though I'm not the best. I also play sng's although I suck at them, just for fun /images/graemlins/wink.gif

lorez
11-06-2006, 01:51 PM
This might help (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=71 94553&fpart=&PHPSESSID=) from Essential Collection (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=7758748&an=0&page=0#Post 7758748)

Archon_Wing
11-06-2006, 01:55 PM
OOhhh, ouch. I for one, won't assume that you are a bad player just because of this; would be kinda results oriented unless I see the hands. It's highly possible though, or perhaps you have severe discpline issues that aggravates the bad luck.

But fortunately, you didn't lose a fortune or anything-- It's the beauty of being smart enough to start at uNL, since a few months and you can give this another try. Read around and try to learn. PokerSourceOnline offers a instant bankroll, if you don't feel like depositing again. Either way, wallowing in self-pity won't do anything. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

On the other hand, I realize I'm quite lame for getting annoyed at losing $6. >.<

Downrock
11-06-2006, 02:07 PM
Yeah I do actually enjoy the game. After a long session and booking another loss of course I don't have the best attitude towards poker, but after some time off when I come back it's always fun again.

Downrock
11-06-2006, 02:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OOhhh, ouch. I for one, won't assume that you are a bad player just because of this; would be kinda results oriented unless I see the hands. It's highly possible though, or perhaps you have severe discpline issues that aggravates the bad luck.

But fortunately, you didn't lose a fortune or anything-- It's the beauty of being smart enough to start at uNL, since a few months and you can give this another try. Read around and try to learn. PokerSourceOnline offers a instant bankroll, if you don't feel like depositing again. Either way, wallowing in self-pity won't do anything. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

On the other hand, I realize I'm quite lame for getting annoyed at losing $6. >.<

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah the good thing is I'm very overrolled for the 10NL game so it doesn't hurt the actual bankroll at all and there won't be any redepositing necessary. Just that the losing is of course, not fun.

LaMbaL
11-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Looks like a bad run combined with some tilting. Im counting 5 KK vs AA hands, 5-6 tilts-by-own-admission, so thats like 11 buyins already. 5 more outdraws or unlucky hands (set vs higher set etc) and its covered.

Tune down on the tilting and you should be fine I think /images/graemlins/smile.gif Other than that, maybe you should be a little more reluctant to get your entire stack in the middle?

Downrock
11-06-2006, 03:47 PM
Update: Make it 19.. and these last 3 I went in way way ahead so at least I don't feel bad about them since they were just standard suckouts (runner runner etc)