PDA

View Full Version : CNN report that Party is seeking to buy bwin ..... which means OnGame

MiltonFriedman
11-04-2006, 07:13 PM
CNN has been running a ticker which reports that Party is in talks to acquire bwin.

This presumably would subject OnGame US players to Partification with extreme prejudice.

StellarWind
11-04-2006, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CNN has been running a ticker which reports that Party is in talks to acquire bwin.

This presumably would subject OnGame US players to Partification with extreme prejudice.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't see how that would make things much worse. I really believe that OnGame is going to implement IP-blocking in the near future. Those skins who say they will continue to serve the U.S. are mistaken or lying. I don't rule out the possibility that some small number of U.S. players will be smuggled in by skins using deception and proxies, but it won't be a mass-produced solution.

Ongame is a stain upon online poker. Whatever shortcomings Party may have, they are much better managed and have much better software than Ongame. This takeover would be a good thing for the industry.

Not that I have any idea how this is supposed to work. What exactly is Party going to buy? The software would seem to be worthless to Party and many of the customers belong to the skins. Do all the Ongame licensees become Party skins /images/graemlins/blush.gif?

Or do I just not understand the situation? Does Pokerroom itself have almost all the players with the remaining skins being insignificant? Sometimes 2+2 doesn't give a true perspective on the relative importance of different rooms because insignificant sites are "interesting" and get lots of attention.

Sniper
11-04-2006, 09:15 PM
Reuters report (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=0&Number=7928913)