PDA

View Full Version : A science forum seprate from the god forum?

Big Limpin
11-03-2006, 02:26 AM
That would be nice.

LuckOfTheDraw
11-03-2006, 03:14 AM
Yeah, it is kinda of funny how those two topics got lumped together here.

luckyme
11-03-2006, 03:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it is kinda of funny how those two topics got clumped together here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arkansas isn't the only place the 14th century isn't over.

luckyme

John21
11-03-2006, 03:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, it is kinda of funny how those two topics got clumped together here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Arkansas isn't the only place the 14th century isn't over.

luckyme

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

BluffTHIS!
11-03-2006, 04:04 AM
Just make more science & math threads and drown out the religion and philosophy.

hmkpoker
11-03-2006, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Just make more science & math threads and drown out the religion and philosophy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that would require banning David Sklansky. The philosophical ramifications of this are probably worth a thread.

bigpooch
11-03-2006, 11:46 AM
I think it would be a nice idea to have SMP broken into two
forums: 1) Science and Math 2) Philosophy and Religion.

And maybe Math should be included with Probability to make
it a Probability and Math forum since there aren't that many
posts on mathematics (or probability), just to give science
its own forum as it probably deserves.

Lestat
11-03-2006, 11:56 AM
I agree probability and math can go together.

But I don't understand why people complain that this forum is mostly about religion. You can do something about that by simply posting non-religious topics! As for myself...

I love reading about science. Unfortunately, my lack of education/understanding doesn't allow me to contribute much. Still I love reading about it. Same for math, only I don't understand math at all and I can't even read about it without getting lost. But I do post about these topics when I can (and sometimes even when I can't -lol). But my main point is, try POSTING and contributing to things you want this forumm to be about instead of complaining about it.

kurto
11-03-2006, 11:57 AM
I don't see a lot of math and science posts. You would just create another forum with little traffic.

FortunaMaximus
11-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Science and math aren't sexy these days. I enjoy SMP more than I do other forums, without question. There seem to be very few pure scientists here though, and I'd imagine their time is mostly tied up in research projects.

CityFan
11-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Can't we separate religion and philosophy too?

I mean, is it possible to have a philosophical debate that doesn't just revert to religion vs atheism?

RJT
11-03-2006, 06:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the atheists are supposed to be the logical ones, Bluff. How the heck did you solve the OP’s difficult question so easily?