PDA

View Full Version : Pomeroy ND Response

NorthDakota
11-02-2006, 01:35 PM
It took a month but here's the Reply from Congressman Earl Pomeroy(D-ND). Standard stuff almost not worth Posting but he at least gave his lame reason.

"Thank you for contacting me regarding Internet gambling. I appreciate hearing from you.

On October 13, 2006, the President signed the Port Security Improvement Act, H.R. 4954, into law. Although this bill contained provisions dealing with enhanced security at America's ports, the bill also included a provision that would prohibit on-line gambling sites from accepting credit cards or electronic transfers for gambling. I voted for the Port Security Improvement Act, which passed the House by a vote of 421-2, because I believe America's ports must be more secure.

On July 11, 2006, the House considered H.R. 4411, the Internet Gambling Prohibition and Enforcement Act. This bill seeks to prevent the use of certain payment instruments, credit cards, and fund transfers for Internet gambling. This proposal was introduced on November 18, 2005 by Rep. James Leach (R-IA) and was passed by the House of Representatives by a vote of 317-93. I voted in favor of H.R. 4411 because I do not believe that there are enough existing safeguards to protect minors or individuals who may become addicted to Internet gambling. Should this legislation come before the House of Representatives again, I will keep your concerns in mind.

Again thank you for contacting me. Please keep in touch.

Sincerely,

EARL POMEROY
Member of Congress"

thedarknight
11-04-2006, 04:04 AM
pomeroy!!
i taught his kids tennis...how can one representative out of 400+ get any legislation passed for one state. lucky guy tho, he's never getting voted out of office.