PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Two Pair line check

lsaw2
11-02-2006, 11:13 AM
I was in a hand on another table so not sure if I played this hand right. Had tried to add chips but couldn't get them in time for this hand so am a bit shortstacked.

Full Tilt Poker (6 max) - $0.25/$0.50 - No Limit Hold'em - 10:05:54 ET - 2006/11/02

Seat 5: layoutdude ($38.50)
Seat 6: lsaw2 ($30.25)

layoutdude posts the small blind of $0.25
lsaw2 posts the big blind of $0.50
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***

Dealt to Hero [7/images/graemlins/club.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif]
STL24 calls $0.50
Filippus folds
timeform folds
layoutdude calls $0.25
Hero checks
*** FLOP *** [7/images/graemlins/heart.gif6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif] {~$1.50}
layoutdude bets $1
Hero raises to $4.50
STL24 folds
layoutdude calls $3.50
*** TURN *** [7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif] [Q/images/graemlins/club.gif] {~10.50}
layoutdude checks
lsaw2 bets $7
layoutdude raises to $14
lsaw2 calls $7
*** RIVER *** [7/images/graemlins/heart.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/club.gif] [8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif] {~38.50}
layoutdude checks
lsaw2 checks
*** SHOW DOWN ***

<font color="white">
Seat 5: layoutdude (small blind) showed [8s 6c] and won ($36.60) with two pair, Eights and Sixes
Seat 6: lsaw2 (big blind) mucked [7c 6h] - two pair, Sevens and Sixes </font>

Redd
11-02-2006, 11:36 AM
I think you need to fold to the turn minraise. It sucks that we're folding to a minraise, but it's big enough that we're not getting implied odds to draw to our boat, and IMO most guys wouldn't pull the c/r with a losing hand.

lsaw2
11-02-2006, 11:37 AM
I bloody hate min raises they are so annoying.

With him min raising the turn what would you put him on though? I was pretty sure I was still ahead.

Redd
11-02-2006, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I bloody hate min raises they are so annoying.

With him min raising the turn what would you put him on though? I was pretty sure I was still ahead.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's tough without a read, but IME a bluff is usually a much bigger bet. It would take some cojones to c/min-raise bluff on this board, so I attribute a fairly small number of bluff/semibluff hands to his range. You could be ahead of AsQs/KsQs/QsJs here, or he could be getting frisky with As8s or something, but the rest of his range is straights, sets, higher 2p. There's a ton of winning combos right now, so even though I fold the best hand occasionally I think I'm still far enough behind his range for a call to be -EV.