PDA

View Full Version : K7s, my hand keeps improving but is this river a fold?

deaders
11-02-2006, 06:26 AM
Firstly, this site's hhs arent supported by any convertors so Ill do the best to tidy it up.

Villain in this hand is your typical loose passive calling station.

$0.25/$0.50 NL Texas Hold'em
Total number of players : 6

Seat 1: Jojjis ($17.25)
Seat 2: Anttoso ($5.45)
Seat 3: HERO($77.59)
Seat 4: calemb10 ($66.67)
Seat 5: VILLAIN ($32.15)
Seat 6: fluffybets ($17.00)

HERO posts small blind [$0.25]
calemb10 posts big blind [$0.50]

Dealt to HERO [ 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]

BigBigT calls [$0.50], Jojjis calls [$0.50], HERO calls [$0.25],
calemb10 checks.

Flop [ 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ]

HERO bets [$2.00], VILLAIN calls [$2.00], others all fold.

Turn [ 7/images/graemlins/club.gif ]

HERO bets [$4.00]
VILLAIN calls [$4.00]

River [ T/images/graemlins/spade.gif ]
HERO bets [$10.00], VILLAIN is all-In [$25.65],

Im commited right? Check calling the river loses way too much value, bet/call or bet/fold?

Also, I should have bet more on the turn.

eigenvalue
11-02-2006, 07:07 AM
You should read the article about controlling the pot odds of this months magazine! I see people slightly overbetting the pot here in this forum with all kinds of holdings. I rarely do that.

In my opinion, You misplayed that hand from the beginning to the end. You are building a huge pot with Your betting when You don't know whether You are leading at all and where lots of probable scare cards are left unless no diamond hits.

First, I would bet only $1 to $1.5 on the flop and if I get called, I would check the turn. If Villian bets the turn, I would reraise him. I think, most of the time, he will fold to a reraise if he hasn't hit his straight. With all the possible straight draws out there, I'm happy to win that hand on the turn.

If he checks and the scare card appears on the river, I can savely fold without having commited to much money on that hand. If no scare card hits, I will probably check the river too to induce a bluff. I think this works most of the times, so lately You can win some additional money.

I love my stack and I'm never in jeopardy to loose it playing this hand that way.

Best regards

eigenvalue

deaders
11-02-2006, 07:16 AM
Dude...

My hand is huge on the flop and even more huge on the turn. Check raising the turn could be a good line if we know that our opponent is aggressive, but seeing as our read is that he is passive we have to bet. You have to realise that we have a very likely best hand right now and want to get value from his likely draw/one pair hand.

To be honest, you sound like you are approaching the game in an extremely weak tight way. I appreciate you taking the time to type out a long reply like that but your reasoning is pretty off.

deaders
11-02-2006, 07:19 AM
EDIT: I AM AN IDIOT.

I really have to stop playing and posting when I am so tired... I only just realised how terrible that river card is. I butchered it good, wow embarrasing.