PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought

HighStakesPro
11-02-2006, 06:15 AM
Freshly minted (coined, whatever) idiomatic expression:

Thinking on a higher plane than 99% of other people isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Now, mathematicians, scientists, and philosophers, both of the rank and file variety as well as the David Sklansky variety: Debate!

But first let me say this: There are some subtle attributes of this statement that are more than meets the eye. I urge you to analyze indepth and think critically before you post. Good luck!

51cards
11-02-2006, 06:31 AM
99% even? Stop slacking.

Phil153
11-02-2006, 06:34 AM
The best pitcher on the planet still has to eat and [censored].

MidGe
11-02-2006, 06:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now, mathematicians, scientists, and philosophers, both of the rank and file variety as well as the David Sklansky variety: Debate!

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you start by giving your opinion? It is not like we are running out of things to debate, and if you opening a thread the least you could do is make a contribution first, not set yourself up as an arbiter on the question since you seem to imply you have some understanding of it[ But first let me say this: There are some subtle attributes of this statement that are more than meets the eye. I urge you to analyze indepth and think critically before you post].

Good luck /images/graemlins/confused.gif

CityFan
11-02-2006, 08:22 AM
Wow, well if the world population is 6.6 billion, being in the top 1% doesn't mean very much, does it?

And what exactly is it "cracked up to be"?

FortunaMaximus
11-02-2006, 09:16 AM
Elitism is its own reward. At least if you end up in that category, you learn to debone and cut the fat off your arguments to the point where if a person doesn't get it, you don't have to waste your effort chasing them around to convince them they're wrong.