PDA

View Full Version : river frush pairs the board

the machine
11-02-2006, 02:43 AM
1st time ever at table with villain. over 121 he ran 28/1.65/1.92 but this was early in the session and no read whatsoever

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
3 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
Button: $59.80
SB: $48.30
Hero: $110.95

Pre-flop: (3 players) Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif
Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($1, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $3</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: 8/images/graemlins/club.gif ($7, 2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($7, 2 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $3.25</font>, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $9</font>, Hero???

call/fold

CaucasianAsian29
11-02-2006, 02:53 AM
No way your folding, at least call, somtimes I actually like to push all in here. Seems like villian has a Q. possibly a boat, but at this level i'd say it may be +EV long term to push.
What everyone else think?

ymu
11-02-2006, 02:53 AM
Tough to know if he's going for the checkraise on the turn with 2 pair or a set - but it isn't a great board to be giving a free card on.

As2s, 5s2s, 5s6s are all possible, as is QX (full or otherwise). You have to call 5.75 into a $13.50 pot. Three-handed, I think I call - it's a lower flush or trips often enough, your small river bet doesn't look strong, and I'm not sure he checks the river with a great hand after you check behind on the turn.

the machine
11-02-2006, 03:01 AM
FWIW

im tanking going through possible hands here

Villain: just call
Hero: river filled u up huh
Hero has 15 seconds left to act
Villain: I know u want too
Villain: comeon
Villain: call

maybe or maybe not makes a difference to you.

i actually folded here after my time just about ran out. i told myself i will valuebet but if raised i might have to muck my hand. i know that seems weak but his flop action led me to believe he had 2 pair. the river easily could have filled him up. meh

orange
11-02-2006, 03:11 AM
I think at least a call is best here.

His range is most times a Q here I think. Minbet/min3bet on flop is kindve weird, and he might have something as strong as a set (donkishly played). I think I would call the river and expect to see Qx/sometimes lower flushes.

eigenvalue
11-02-2006, 01:10 PM
I don't like to push weak flushs on paired boards. I'm not that sure if it is +EV. But You are right, no way of folding that, You have to call.

Best regards

eigenvalue

ChipStorm
11-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Folding is out -- you have a good hand, decent odds to call, and the information value in seeing what villain played this way is pretty big; his line is funky, to be kind.

If you raise, what's calling you that you beat and also takes villain's line? Only a worse flush I think, and other hands look much more likely, given his line. So raising is bad.

Pretty easy call.