PDA

View Full Version : Turn decision with aces

Big Poppa Smurf
11-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Ok i put this in the micro-brew thread, but then decided I wanted to post it here. So if you've seen the results there already, pretend like you didn't if you comment on this hand.

I started the hand with $60, villain covers. My main question here is do I bet the turn? He will probably fold marginal hands here like pairs of 8's if I bet again, I can probably get value out of a draw, but better hands will check-raise. If I check I can control the pot here but I risk giving a free card, but then I can pretty much see a showdown.

Also if this is a super standard spot then someone just tell me and we can let this thread die.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
7 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is UTG+1 with :a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif :a /images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG folds, [color=#cc0000]Hero raises to $2</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: :8 /images/graemlins/club.gif :6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif :6 /images/graemlins/club.gif ($6.25, 4 players)
BB checks, [color=#cc0000]Hero bets $6.25</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: :k /images/graemlins/spade.gif ($18.75, 3 players)
BB checks, Hero ?

lippy
11-02-2006, 12:06 AM
PSB. He probably has clubs or is trying to float on you. Hopefully he hit his king.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-02-2006, 12:09 AM
you really pot it here? why not 1/2-2/3 or 3/4?

catalyst
11-02-2006, 12:17 AM
I generally make a 14-15 bet here, what are effective stacks?

Big Poppa Smurf
11-02-2006, 12:21 AM
i started with $60 and he covers, so after preflop flop they are ~$52.

re: turn bets - how much are you usually betting? i'm pretty sure that I 1-2/2-3 most of my turn bets. Is this just a style type issue or should I be betting more?

jonyy6788
11-02-2006, 12:33 AM
I've already seen what happens, but did you have a read on villain? My tendency to bet the turn depends on the type of player we're dealing with. The only hands beating you here are 88, KK (we know this isn't it), and any 6. Is a 6 in his range? 88 would probably lead out the turn to build the pot (at least I would, but never know about any silly villain). If I were to bet it would probably be 1/2-3/4 pot just like you said which denies odds if villain is drawing.

Sh@i'tan
11-02-2006, 12:34 AM
i bet 2/3+ on any turn bet. In this hand i'm betting 14 if he raises it depends, but i push by default and it will take a read for me to fold.

Big Poppa Smurf
11-02-2006, 12:41 AM
he was Taggish, since bb had like $70-80 to start and button had him covered, I figured he might have opened up his range preflop, so I felt a 6 was definitely in his range along with draws, 77-tt, etc.

all,

ot of curiosity does anyone ever check through here? If/when you bet a bet-fold is standard right?

Also, I think 88 shouldn't really lead here. If he's thinking at all he knows that king just clobbered a good portion of my range, so I would just call with AK, QQ, maybe AA here.

orange
11-02-2006, 03:58 AM
This is pretty close. I think if he is willing to call w. a hand like TT or something on both the turn and rivers, we can bet here. Checking and calling any river is an okay plan too.