PDA

View Full Version : Carpal \'Tunnel Post: iStrong's video tutorials, you're the Hero.

iSTRONG
11-01-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm gonna take a different route from the traditional long essay and instead offer to review a couple of sessions from micro-stakes players using a similar approach as what I've done in my tutorial videos. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=ssplnlpoker&Number=773804 9)

Applicants: You must play NL25/NL50/NL100 6-max and going through a rough patch and being in need of guidance. You know you have leaks but you don't know where to look for them. I will take 3 applicants; first come first served basis.

Procedure:
-Confirm that you're interested by putting ur name down in this thread (if 3 people haven't done so already)

- Play a session that you want examined (100-150 hands) and try to play your best. Don't just choose a random session from PT which might end up being a tilt session (which i can't really help with). Also the hand histories MUST be from Ultimate Bet, Party Poker, Paradise Poker, Full Tilt Poker, or Poker Stars.

-Export the hand history onto a txt file and email it to me

- I'll put it through a replayer and record a video with added commentary of your session which will be uploaded in this thread.

wake_up
11-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Cool idea!
I'd participate but I don't play NL50 6max /images/graemlins/frown.gif
Looking forward to the videos!

EDIT: Fixed a spelling mistake

Redd
11-01-2006, 11:23 PM
Wow - what an opportunity. I'd be very interested if you're willing to help. I'm presently playing NL50-6max on Party (empire, technically).

edit: BTW: I do suck at NL. Don't confuse my post count with experience, since like 3300 of my posts were in SSSH.

iSTRONG
11-01-2006, 11:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow - what an opportunity. I'd be very interested if you're willing to help. I'm presently playing NL50-6max on Party (empire, technically).

edit: BTW: I do suck at NL. Don't confuse my post count with experience, since like 3300 of my posts were in SSSH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool. Play a session, export and send me an email (see my profile)

...2 more places left.

bsheck
11-01-2006, 11:30 PM
I'd definitely be interested. I play $25 NL 6-max on FT.

iSTRONG
11-01-2006, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd definitely be interested. I play $25 NL 6-max on FT.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're in. Play a session, email it to me.

...1 more...

bsheck
11-01-2006, 11:32 PM
Ok, I'm getting into a game now. Appreciate it.

Redd
11-01-2006, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. You want the hands all on one table?

iSTRONG
11-01-2006, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. You want the hands all on one table?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes please.

whodatdare
11-01-2006, 11:38 PM
I'd ask, but I haven't played 25 NL 6 max yet.

lippy
11-01-2006, 11:38 PM
ME PLEASE MEMEME

I get off work in 1.5 hours and will play a session. I've been running pretty poorly lately and need a tune up.

And I play 6m 25nl fulltilt

iSTRONG
11-01-2006, 11:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
ME PLEASE MEMEME

I get off work in 1.5 hours and will play a session. I've been running pretty poorly lately and need a tune up.

[/ QUOTE ]

k. you're in.

[b]Applications now closed.

whodatdare
11-01-2006, 11:41 PM
What am I saying? I've seen your vids, and I could really use the help.

iSTRONG
11-01-2006, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What am I saying? I've seen your vids, and I could really use the help.

[/ QUOTE ]

zomg. lol. You're down as an alternate.

whodatdare
11-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Hi, I'm whodatdare, and I'm an idiot! The first step is admitting it........ Thank you for the consideration

Redd
11-02-2006, 12:22 AM
This session is pretty boring so far; I've somehow found the 4 nittiest players on Party NL50. If I break 100 hands and nothing cool happens, I'll send it to you and if it's too lame, I'll do another session for ya.

bsheck
11-02-2006, 12:31 AM
Pretty much the same story for me. I've had a few interesting hands but really can't get involved in many pots.

iSTRONG
11-02-2006, 12:33 AM
Probably the best thing to do is play your best every time for the next couple of days and at the end select the most interesting session.

bsheck
11-02-2006, 12:39 AM
Dunno how much I'm going to be able to play in the next few days, but just had two really interesting hands back to back.

Big Bend
11-02-2006, 01:00 AM
Darn, I'm too late. I'da signed up in a second. I've been playing $100 NL on full tilt, and lately have been running bad. I've watched all of your videos and they're great. If someone drops out or you have room for one more then let me know please.

Either way, thanks for all the efforts to help out 2+2ers, your works is MUCH appreciated! I've learned alot watching the vids.

Couple of comments.. I like the vids where you're using PT/ACE HUD, good to see the stats. I often hear sirens in the background - you live next to a firestation or something? Also sounds like you fire up a cigarette or two during the vids. Smoking is bad for your health so please stop. thanks /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

take care.. BB

Margon
11-02-2006, 02:21 AM
iStrong,

If you could make one more spot I would sure appreciate it. I just lost 6 more buyins tonight, and am down quite a bit. I can't seem to make a winning move and sustain my momentum.

I play 50NL - 5 Max on the Poker Room network.

Margon

iSTRONG
11-02-2006, 05:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Darn, I'm too late. I'da signed up in a second. I've been playing $100 NL on full tilt, and lately have been running bad. I've watched all of your videos and they're great. If someone drops out or you have room for one more then let me know please.

Either way, thanks for all the efforts to help out 2+2ers, your works is MUCH appreciated! I've learned alot watching the vids.

Couple of comments.. I like the vids where you're using PT/ACE HUD, good to see the stats. I often hear sirens in the background - you live next to a firestation or something? Also sounds like you fire up a cigarette or two during the vids. Smoking is bad for your health so please stop. thanks /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

take care.. BB

[/ QUOTE ]

If this works well, I will probably do more of those so don't worry if you didn't get a spot this time.

I always have PAHUD on but for some reason Camtasia doesn't always pick it up... it's very strange. If anyone knows why please let me know.

Yeah, I live quite close the the main fire station in my town.

I haven't had a cigarette in 6 weeks and feeling good. Smoking sucks.

munkey
11-02-2006, 08:37 AM
What an excellent idea iSTRONG.

I look forward to your analysis of microNLers play, will we have that commentary/webcam of you in the bottom right again?

i think videos are an excellent way tolearn because you get to see it exactly as it happens and all the situational factors are present which are harder to convey in hand posts.

You say you may do this again - maybe try having each from different stakes.

I look forward to iSTRONG 'the beratment series' /images/graemlins/grin.gif

iSTRONG
11-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Could someone who is a pokerxfactor member contact me on AIM? I need someone to upload the hand histories on their replayer... Thx.

AIM: kavehsamani

NL Newbie
11-02-2006, 01:21 PM
Blehhh

PICKKK MEEEeeeeeeeeee

Ill give you a % /images/graemlins/wink.gif

whodatdare
11-02-2006, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]

take care.. BB

[/ QUOTE ]

The line for alternates starts behind me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

iSTRONG
11-02-2006, 03:06 PM
Sorry peeps,

I'm encountering serious compatibility problems between the hand histories and the pokerxfactor replayer /images/graemlins/frown.gif

I've tried upload hand histories from FT and UB without any luck. There is a note on the site saying:

": If this hand history does not work correctly in the PXF Hand Viewer, please make sure that it is a complete hand history and is from one of the poker sites we support (Ultimate Bet, Full Tilt, Paradise Poker, PokerStars, or PartyPoker). Special Note: Full Tilt and PartyPoker recently changed their hand histories. Full Tilt, in particular, has errors that cannot be fixed, and can result in hands being skipped. We hope they will fix these errors. "

...But UB doesn't work either. If anyone knows of a site that is actually 100% compatible, let me know.

Until then I'm gonna have to delay this project /images/graemlins/frown.gif

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm gonna use the pokertracker replayer. Applicants, please send me your hand histories.

MortenTA
11-02-2006, 03:33 PM
looking forward to these.. nice idea

redCashion
11-02-2006, 03:46 PM
Dude, you could charge for this service. Great idea.

Redd
11-02-2006, 03:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude, you could charge for this service. Great idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ix-nay on the arge-chay... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Everlong
11-02-2006, 04:14 PM
I-STRONG;

There is also the popopop player (http://www.popopop-poker.net/downloadPlayer_en.php3) as an alternative.

iSTRONG
11-02-2006, 04:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I-STRONG;

There is also the popopop player (http://www.popopop-poker.net/downloadPlayer_en.php3) as an alternative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow this is amazing... downloading now.

ettorek
11-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Hi iStrong,
when you you'll get a free spot please consider me:
playing NL25 4 to 6 tables on Crypto.
Thanks!
Et

ADK
11-16-2006, 01:23 PM
great idea, when can we expect to see the finished results?

im also playing nl25 6max (had to drop down to nl10 cause my bankroll is being pissed away). i think i could be crushing these levels but i still cant, i got my bankroll from a $50 deposit to $400 about 4 months ago... and i havent been able to get higher since.

if you need any other ppl please consider me :P