PDA

View Full Version : 50 nl river bluff

george w
11-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
6 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $44.10
UTG+1: $77.85
Hero: $107.30
Button: $48.55
SB: $160.15
BB: $33.90

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.75</font>, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: T/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($5.25, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $4</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($17.25, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($17.25, 4 players)
SB checks, BB checks

neither player is a station and i don't see them checking a king

wake_up
11-01-2006, 09:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
neither player is a station and i don't see them checking a king

[/ QUOTE ]

If your read is that stong then bet about $12.

simuk
11-01-2006, 09:45 PM
I would personally bet this, although a bet on the turn would have been better. You had position, you can represent the straight on the turn and still have outs to the flush.

It really depends on your image. Is there a chance they would check the K because you are likely to bet this river?

orange
11-02-2006, 03:54 AM
I would raise the flop here a decent amount. Given PF action, raising is good for your image, disguising your hand, fold equity, etc. He needs a fairly large hand to call a flop raise.

The river is semi interesting. If you think your villans are capable of laying down 2 pair, I might go ahead and bet $10.

eigenvalue
11-02-2006, 06:00 AM
You have an overcard and a flush draw, so I would reraise the flop for a free card almost every time here. You missed that opportunity. Given the following action, it seems they would have folded to a reraise.

To me it seems that a bet on the river is a weak play, because it smells pretty much like a steal. I don't know Your raising standards, but what kind of holding on Your side makes sense, given Your raise preflop and Your call, check on the next streets?

If these villians are observant, I think they should smell the steal here, because I don't see many holdings on Your side representing a K given the betting sequence.

Best regards

eigenvalue