PDA

View Full Version : 6-max 10NL Pokerstars - My continuation bets face aggression

11-01-2006, 08:08 PM
I have started playing on the Micro NL games at Stars with 15$ about a month ago, multitabling four 6-max tables. Moving up from 0.01/0.02(5NL)to 0.02/0,05(10NL) to 0.05/0.10(10NL). I play a Tag style about 20/12/3. I raise 4bb+1bb per limper preflop, hardly ever open limp, and continuation bet about 90% of the flops when I was the preflop raiser.
This has worked great for the first 2 levels, however my continuation bets are getting played back a lot more at the 0.05/0.10(10NL) level, often with min raises. I usualy bet about 3/4 of the pot on these bets. Should I adjust my continuation betting ? Should I try to mix it up more postflop, with check raises, reraises ? Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

rico4
11-01-2006, 08:16 PM
You have to get a read on your table/opponents. If an opponent plays 90%, just push on his minraise, and fold vs a tight player. If you see a player cbetting every time, play back at him on occasion. Or you can simply call on a draw heavy board to bluff him out on later betting rounds. Not many people fire 3 bullets. Play a lot in position, less out of position. You'll find you have greater control of the pots you enter this way. Don't cbet every time, mix it up.

ajmargarine
11-01-2006, 08:40 PM
Start out when you first sit down with your normal CB style when you are HU on the flop. If they play back at you, then you just have to start making adjustments. You can check behind a bit more on flops; but, you check behind when you hit and when you miss.

Whatever you do, don't 3b all-in with Ace hi because you think they are playing back at you with air. Just be patient, make your reads and get a feel for the table, and adjust.

svidrigailov
11-01-2006, 08:45 PM
Hi the cleaner,
Been happening to me too lately at NL25/50.

As rico4 said c-betting frequency depends on how the table is playing. At some tables I'd c-bet 90%, at others maybe half the time or less.

In general I'd answer yes to all your questions. If my opponents are aggressive I've begun check-calling or check-raising with some good hands out of position as well as sometimes checking behind with some good hands in position. The idea for me has been to balance my c-bets with checks, calls and check-raises so that my opponents do not automatically play back at me with marginal holdings.

If you vary your lines a bit and show down some big hands I find that opponents are less likely to min-raise with you weak hands as a "standard" play after seeing you fold the flop a few times.

Still experimenting with stuff like this playing fewer tables and it seems to be working. I'm not a good enough player to give any sort of definitive answer, but I'd encourage you to try a few different flop lines now and then. (Sometimes just a couple of times will be enough to discourage opponents.) Hope this helps,

s

11-01-2006, 09:30 PM
Thanks for the replies so far. Been helpfull. will try to apply same. I will try to mix it up more postflop and also show down some good hands so people get a strong image of me. I probably will also adjust my preflop play on aggressive tables, especialy from EP. Hope my hands don`t become to predictable.