PDA

View Full Version : $50nl - AA against Good Lag

cwar
11-01-2006, 06:30 PM
Villain is 33/22/2.4 and Ive caught him bluffing in a big pot within the last 100 hands. My image is very laggy. Obviously check/shoving turn is my standard line.

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Stack sizes:
UTG: $72.55
CO: $24.95
Button: $56.85
Hero: $51.50
BB: $110.05

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $3</font>, 2 folds, Button calls.

Flop: 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($7, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls.

Turn: J/images/graemlins/spade.gif ($17, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $12</font>, Hero calls.

River: K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($41, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button is all-in $36.85</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $31.5</font>.
Uncalled bets: $5.35 returned to Button.

Results:
Final pot: $104

SubaruSTiMike
11-01-2006, 07:01 PM
If this guy is good/compentent, he would have called flop with something? Maybe a draw? maybe he flopped sometihng? Does he stack off with someting like AJ, KJ? KQ? if not, then i don't know about the river call. What are we beating? only a bluff? well since you have a read that he bluffs a lot, then I guess it's ok, but, I don't know, without a read or if villain is a good LAG, i have to lay it down, usually I'm beat on the river. Weird line from vilalin though. Looks like a flush. Would betting the turn help you decide if he has set/2 pair better? I don't really see what villain has on the flop that he calls that bets on the turn except things that beat us. I'd like to know other people's though, interesting hand indeed.

cwar
11-01-2006, 08:05 PM
I honestly think I played the hand very badly but playing as I did I dont think giving up after the call on the flop is correct as villain is an established LAG who very well might call bluff the flop and lead the turn (especially this dangerous looking turn). C/C the turn looks the worst to me to as there is enough $ in the pot that if I felt I was ahead of his range I should just push.