PDA

View Full Version : POKERSTARS BONUS OH YEA

Str8Fish
11-01-2006, 03:02 PM
Dear XXXX,

As a special tribute to our loyal VIP players, PokerStars is offering you an Autumn Bonus up to $100 in cash!

The action at PokerStars has never been so intense, with more live players, better cash games, bigger pots and record setting tournaments every day!

Make your next deposit before Tuesday, November 14th at midnight Eastern Time for a 50% bonus (*) according to your VIP Level as of October 31st:

VIP Tier Bonus Offer
SuperNova 50% up to $1,000
PlatinumStar 50% up to $400
GoldStar 50% up to $200
SilverStar 50% up to $100

Please make sure to enter the bonus code "NOV2006SL" when making your deposit.

Best of all, you earn Frequent Player Points (FPPs) while playing for your bonus. The VIP Club offers many new ways to enjoy your FPPs and faster ways to earn them:

• Use your FPPs to buy cash Reward Bonuses worth up to $1,500.
• 2006 Supernova status now extends through June 2007 with maintained play.
• Free trips to the PokerStars Caribbean Adventure (PCA) in the Bahamas.
• NL/PL players can now earn FPPs more easily, starting at hands raked as little as $0.40 (blinds $1/$2 and lower).
• Players at 6-handed tables now earn their second FPP if $2 is taken in rake.
• High-speed "fast" tables let you earn FPPs at a record pace.

Visit our VIP Club or browse our FPP Store for more great VIP rewards.

We would like to thank you for playing, and confirm that PokerStars continues to serve poker players from around the world, including our U.S. customers.

We hope you enjoy this special 50% bonus offer and we wish you the best of luck at our tables.

thebeebster
11-01-2006, 03:06 PM
the little cashier popup says that a withdrawl before depositing will make you ineligible. do they actually enforce that? seems like a lot of people might do so accidently.

RJC
11-01-2006, 03:09 PM
got it too just now. also says its easier for NL players to earn FPPS and that 6max players earn more if pot is raked $2 now. sounds great. pstars rules.

Mark L
11-01-2006, 03:09 PM
just got this too. i hope stars is learning how much more popular their site will become with more bonuses

HSB
11-01-2006, 03:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the little cashier popup says that a withdrawl before depositing will make you ineligible. do they actually enforce that? seems like a lot of people might do so accidently.

[/ QUOTE ]

They do but if you do it accidentally before you know about the bonus then chances are support can help you out.

RJC
11-01-2006, 03:11 PM
anyone know their rules on depositing for the bonus and w/d'ing right afterwards? i have the money in NT, but i need it for some other things? is there a certain wait-time 24 hours or 48 hours you have to wait before you w/d after making a deposit?>

HSB
I would very much like to know if this is a one time thing to smooth over the hurt feelings after the account specific bonus or if this is going to be a more common occurance.

I'll likely be playing more at Stars regardless but it would be nice to know.

KSOT
God damnit, I lost my VIP status last month.

[censored] these account specific reloads!

HSB
11-01-2006, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone know their rules on depositing for the bonus and w/d'ing right afterwards? i have the money in NT, but i need it for some other things? is there a certain wait-time 24 hours or 48 hours you have to wait before you w/d after making a deposit?>

[/ QUOTE ]

You can withdraw after 48 hours without impacting the bonus.

Davey
11-01-2006, 03:14 PM
Hooray for PokerStars. To bad Im only Silver right now.

paperboyNC
11-01-2006, 03:23 PM
What sucks is that I earned 8000 VPPs in the first 15 days of the month but never earned the last 2000 to become Platinum /images/graemlins/frown.gif

KSOT
11-01-2006, 03:27 PM
What is the playthrough on this anyway?

Also, when do they expire?

Just want to see how shady Stars has gotten.

RJC
11-01-2006, 03:28 PM
15x

dennison
11-01-2006, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

48 hours, but after this cashout is instant up to the amount deposited.

UMTerp
11-01-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm Gold right now (SuperNova in 8K points!), so bonus is 50% up to $200. I'm a little unclear about the wording on this though - does anyone know if it means:

1. "deposit $400, and you can receive a bonus of up to $200 (50%)

or

2. "deposit $200, and you can receive a bonus of up to $100 (50%)

??

terrellk11
11-01-2006, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
1. "deposit $400, and you can receive a bonus of up to $200 (50%)

[/ QUOTE ]

BigBiceps
11-01-2006, 03:39 PM
Guess PokerStars doesn't want my business as a non-VIP.

Good thing UltimateBet is currently ~100% rakeback with the combination of:

Bonus, Points for Cash promotion (if you get enough volume), & 30-33% rakeback.

grando
11-01-2006, 03:40 PM
almost certainly 1.

optimus_prime
11-01-2006, 03:48 PM
Damn, I gotta start keeping some money in Neteller instead of keeping it all in Stars.

bumpking
11-01-2006, 03:51 PM
I'm gonna be Nova in probably about 5 more days. Do you think if I deposit after that I'll get the full $1k bonus, or is it going to use the level you were at on Nov 1?

scscoach
11-01-2006, 03:53 PM
/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Nothing for us lowly non-VIP's.......

Brice
11-01-2006, 04:03 PM
PokerStars is the next Party.

RikkiDee
11-01-2006, 04:07 PM
how can you deposit $2k if the max deposit is $600?

Necromancer
11-01-2006, 04:10 PM
now there's another reason to play at stars

CountingMyOuts
11-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Status as of October 31...

Bluffoon
11-01-2006, 04:17 PM
I got this email today but I processed a cash out yesterday. Stars? Anybody? Am I still eligible or did I screw myself?

Treylis
11-01-2006, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I got this email today but I processed a cash out yesterday. Stars? Anybody? Am I still eligible or did I screw myself?

[/ QUOTE ]

I cashed out yesterday and I was eligible.

WhatDoesCallMean
11-01-2006, 04:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
:(
Nothing for us lowly non-VIP's.......

[/ QUOTE ]

superb way to attract more little fishies.

at a 15x clearance rate, they can keep their bonus offers to themselves anyway (yeah, im non-VIP but not terribly bothered since i got more stacked there than i could be bothered to actually clear)

Bluffoon
11-01-2006, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cashed out yesterday and I was eligible.

[/ QUOTE ]

You made the deposit and the bonus was processed and everything? Thanks, I don't want to move money around and deposit and find that I am not eligible.

HSB
11-01-2006, 04:44 PM
So they do a bonus to attract dormant accounts back to their site and they get criticized by their loyal players.

Then they do a bonus specifically for their loyal players and they get criticized.

KSOT
11-01-2006, 04:47 PM
That's right, because we occasional players want equal treatment.

Account specific bonuses suck.

mbpoker
11-01-2006, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Stars wants your business as VIP.

DuderinoAB
11-01-2006, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. This is at least better than rewarding people who don't play at the site, but they should really be offering a huge bonus to EVERYONE right now. This just makes no sense. O well.

krazyace5
11-01-2006, 04:58 PM
I am not a VIP and rarely play on Stars but I think this is a great way of giving out bonuses.

For non-vips, why do you care that you didn't get one? They are not worth it unless you play there as a main site anyway and if you do that you should be a VIP.

Hielko
11-01-2006, 05:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, whiner...

pokergrader
11-01-2006, 05:10 PM
I gave PokerStars all my business last month and earned platinumstar. Now they have repaid my loyalty.

Kudos to pokerstars.

2461Badugi
11-01-2006, 05:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess Stars wants your business as VIP.

[/ QUOTE ]

If they had given me a week's notice this was coming, they could have had it.

fire_fly
11-01-2006, 05:27 PM
OH SNAP!

Yads
11-01-2006, 05:37 PM
Am I missing something, but isn't everyone at least a SilverStar? Meaning everyone at least would get the $100 bonus.

maniacut
11-01-2006, 05:39 PM
bronzestar is what you are missing

dashman
11-01-2006, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, whiner...

[/ QUOTE ]
second that

HSB
11-01-2006, 06:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Lol, whiner...

[/ QUOTE ]
second that

[/ QUOTE ]

Third.

jrz1972
11-01-2006, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not a VIP and rarely play on Stars but I think this is a great way of giving out bonuses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here. I'm currently playing at another site where I get bonuses/rakeback, but I'd happily switch over to Stars if these sorts of account-specifics were going to be a monthly thing.

Genesis
11-01-2006, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am not a VIP and rarely play on Stars but I think this is a great way of giving out bonuses if you make it a regular occurrence at known intervals.

[/ QUOTE ]

KSOT
11-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Morons, I'm not saying we should get one just because VIPs got one. If that were the case, I wouldn't complain.

I'm saying that it's not right to give it to both the VIPs AND the people who never even play on Stars, and then shaft those of us in the mdidle. It's utter nonsense.

chicagoY
11-01-2006, 06:22 PM
I take what I can get.

cameronw01
11-01-2006, 06:27 PM
I lost my VIP status after not playing much at all last month and still got the email, I'll post what happens shortly.

BeatPurdue
11-01-2006, 07:18 PM
Is there anyway to fund the bonus through the money you already have in PokerStars?

mbpoker
11-01-2006, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm saying that it's not right to give it to both the VIPs AND the people who never even play on Stars, and then shaft those of us in the mdidle. It's utter nonsense.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should open your own site then. Just do the right thing and you will be #1 in no time.

mbpoker
11-01-2006, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If they had given me a week's notice this was coming, they could have had it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Take it as a hint for the future. Giving back to loyal players is a good way to instill loyalty.

soah
11-01-2006, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Morons, I'm not saying we should get one just because VIPs got one. If that were the case, I wouldn't complain.

[/ QUOTE ]

VIP statuses last for an additional month after you first earn them... and this bonus was determined by your status on Oct 31 and not your status on Nov 1. Anyone that had played during the past 2 months should have been at least Silver (it's very easy to get there in just a few days). And if I'm not mistaken, the last reload bonus was less than 2 months ago (for the WCOOP). So I really do not think that you have much room to complain here.

Saien
11-01-2006, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Am I missing something, but isn't everyone at least a SilverStar? Meaning everyone at least would get the $100 bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt it. I made Silverstar literally two days ago, and only due to an above average play on stars for me. Even before black friday I mostly played on FT.

cameronw01
11-01-2006, 09:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I lost my VIP status after not playing much at all last month and still got the email, I'll post what happens shortly.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

VIP statuses last for an additional month after you first earn them... and this bonus was determined by your status on Oct 31 and not your status on Nov 1. Anyone that had played during the past 2 months should have been at least Silver (it's very easy to get there in just a few days). And if I'm not mistaken, the last reload bonus was less than 2 months ago (for the WCOOP). So I really do not think that you have much room to complain here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, if anyone else is wondering I am no longer a VIP but was sent the email and was given the bonus. Thanks Lee.

ryanghall
11-01-2006, 10:00 PM
HUGE Kudos to Stars for this amazing bonus. A lot of people were ticked over those account specific bonuses before. We should have known that Stars would come through like they ALWAYS do!

To the non-VIPs, really, it's not difficult to be a VIP on Stars.

Rewarding site loyalty is obviously the right thing to do. For those of you who play elsewhere, perhaps you should consider moving to Stars so that next time Stars does this, you'll be eligible. If you're not going to, quit whining. You have nothing to complain about and I'm sure Stars isn't simply looking for the "business" of bonus whores. This tiered VIP bonus completely gets rid of that problem.

Excellent work Stars! I grinded out 40 SNGs for you tonight!

Ryan

Folding Pete
11-01-2006, 10:17 PM
I've just signed up for Pokerstars eight days ago, I'm playing FL $2/$4 and $3/6. Was made goldstar a couple of days ago. Nice timing...

DaBusiness
11-01-2006, 10:29 PM
I'm supernova, but i'm restricted to depositing a max of $600. To get the full bonus, i have to deposit $2000, but pokerstars have made it impossible for me to do so.. This really sucks.

StaticShock
11-01-2006, 10:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm supernova, but i'm restricted to depositing a max of $600. To get the full bonus, i have to deposit $2000, but pokerstars have made it impossible for me to do so.. This really sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Email support, they'll bump it.

TimM
11-01-2006, 10:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sent an email to support and got my deposit limits via Neteller increased with no problems.

UATrewqaz
11-02-2006, 12:20 AM
I'm not a VIP there but I think bonuses like this are a good idea.

Everyone laughed at Party's horrible VIP "rewards."

Clearly a site should take special care of those players who generate alot more rake for them (in a sane world anyway).

MicroBob
11-02-2006, 01:49 AM
I agree with all the "Thanks Stars for an awesome bonus" sentiment.

If this becomes a regular thing that would be REALLY cool.

Also - as TimM mentioned, I think they will bump the deposit limit for almost anybody as long as you ask.

genuinejon
11-02-2006, 02:40 AM
I've always appreciated Stars being up front, this does not please me. I'm a losing, casual player. They don't want me to play there, so I won't.

darkcore
11-02-2006, 03:12 AM
i'm glad i made run for gold in the last days of october. can't wait to get home...

both thumbs up for stars.

Jigsaws
11-02-2006, 03:14 AM
Meh. Why does this always happen when I have my entire roll on Stars? THAT'S HOW I BECAME A GOLDSTAR, LEE.

DaBusiness
11-02-2006, 03:21 AM
Ok, thanks guys, i emailed support and got my deposit limit increased to $2,000, then swiftly paid $2,000 into my stars account, then found out i'm not even going to start clearing my bonus till i've cleared my last bomus ($1,500 which i had to pay 100,000vpps for! then earn an extra 10,000fpps on top of that). Seems a bit tight that i cant clear both my bonuses simultaneously, especially as i had to pay 100k in vpps for the original bonus.

roblin
11-02-2006, 03:48 AM
"As a special tribute to our loyal VIP players, PokerStars is offering you an Autumn Bonus up to $400 in cash!"

"We have approved your request to increase your purchase limit. Your
new deposit limits for Visa, MasterCard, CentralCoin and FirePay are
as follows:

$600 per day
$1,500 per 7 days
$2,000 per 30 days"

"If you cashout funds before your next deposit, then you will become
ineligible for this deposit bonus. "

WTF. how am i supposed to deposit $800 if the limit after requesting higher limit is $600?

51cards
11-02-2006, 03:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ok, thanks guys, i emailed support and got my deposit limit increased to $2,000, then swiftly paid $2,000 into my stars account, then found out i'm not even going to start clearing my bonus till i've cleared my last bomus ($1,500 which i had to pay 100,000vpps for! then earn an extra 10,000fpps on top of that). Seems a bit tight that i cant clear both my bonuses simultaneously, especially as i had to pay 100k in vpps for the original bonus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, I didn't think the $1500 required clearing, that sucks.

I just made platinum for the first time on Oct 30. Ship It. Holla!

DaBusiness
11-02-2006, 04:03 AM
Ask them to move it up again. When i asked them to move mine up they changed my max from $600 to $0 making it impossible for me to deposit anything at all. All sorted out now finally.

mbpoker
11-02-2006, 04:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've always appreciated Stars being up front, this does not please me. I'm a losing, casual player. They don't want me to play there, so I won't.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this bonus means they want you to play there. It takes only few days single table to reach Silver.

Sciolist
11-02-2006, 07:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Ask them to move it up again. When i asked them to move mine up they changed my max from $600 to $0 making it impossible for me to deposit anything at all. All sorted out now finally.

[/ QUOTE ]
We can't set the deposit amount to zero - it's likely something else happened here. If someone uses NETeller though, it's pretty simple to increase the bonus.

[ QUOTE ]
We have approved your request to increase your purchase limit. Your
new deposit limits for Visa, MasterCard, CentralCoin and FirePay are
as follows:

$600 per day
$1,500 per 7 days
$2,000 per 30 days"

[/ QUOTE ]
And the second part of that mail listed your NETeller purchase limit increase? That's the rest of that template....

2461Badugi
11-02-2006, 07:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
For those of you who play elsewhere, perhaps you should consider moving to Stars so that next time Stars does this, you'll be eligible. If you're not going to, quit whining.

[/ QUOTE ]

So I should have been playing more at Stars in the hope that they would do something they'd never done before? Especially when their VIP program is structured to encourage me to wait until January, and all their competitors are having general reloads? Yeah, that makes sense.

Rewarding loyalty is fine, but if your goal is to get more people to be loyal, it would make sense to announce something like this ahead of time so more of us can meet the qualifications.

harrypalmer
11-02-2006, 08:11 AM
It's a good thing that I earned silverstar last month. I haven't been a VIP since they started it. One question is why didn't they offer bronze a $50 bonus or something to attract the thousands of Party nomads? This seemed pretty logical to me.

Harry

Losing all
11-02-2006, 11:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

25,200 points is easy for a supernova type player, for this you get $2500. I really don't see the problem. Name me a site that gladly lets you clear a $1500 bonus at the same time as a $1000 bonus.. btw- You'll earn 88,200 FPP clearing these, $1323 worth.

Drac
11-02-2006, 12:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's a good thing that I earned silverstar last month. I haven't been a VIP since they started it. One question is why didn't they offer bronze a $50 bonus or something to attract the thousands of Party nomads? This seemed pretty logical to me.

Harry

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a casual player that would have brought some of my business back to Stars if they would have included everyone in this offer. Maybe next Thursday?

lumpy19
11-02-2006, 12:59 PM
I don't play enough to have earned any of these bonuses but I like what stars is doing here. Hope they keep this up. Definite incentive for me to play more there.

PartySNGer
11-02-2006, 01:41 PM
Anyone know if you get to keep the FPPs used to clear the bonus or if they go away once you cash the bonus?

dave1mo
11-02-2006, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know if you get to keep the FPPs used to clear the bonus or if they go away once you cash the bonus?

[/ QUOTE ]

You keep them.

AA Suited
11-02-2006, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ask them to up your deposit limit.

i asked for a raise to 2000. they upped it to $10k. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

after this bonus is cleared, i'm going to ask them to lower it to 2000.

joker122
11-02-2006, 04:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would very much like to know if this is a one time thing to smooth over the hurt feelings after the account specific bonus

[/ QUOTE ]

this was the first thought that came to mind for me.

joker122
11-02-2006, 04:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ask them to up your deposit limit.

i asked for a raise to 2000. they upped it to $10k. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

after this bonus is cleared, i'm going to ask them to lower it to 2000.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

same here though. i basically just said "raise it please" and viola...10k.

joker122
11-02-2006, 04:27 PM
"I'm gonna be Nova in probably about 5 more days. Do you think if I deposit after that I'll get the full $1k bonus, or is it going to use the level you were at on Nov 1? ?

it's the level you were at as of oct 31, so no.

AL5AcE
11-02-2006, 04:59 PM
I was no longer a VIP in October but got the email anyway for $100. Going to deposit ASAP when i get home later.

ryanghall
11-02-2006, 05:47 PM
Why? So you can only play at certain times when it's convenient to you and not all the time?

This bonus clearly does reward loyalty. I play there pretty much exclusively so I'm getting $1,000. Those who do not play as much get less. Those who don't play there much at all get nothing.

That's the way it should be.

Again, you want a bonus in the future, better start playing there. I hope all their bonuses are like this. THAT'S incentive to play there and anyone who denies this is full of it.

Ryan

DaBusiness
11-02-2006, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

25,200 points is easy for a supernova type player, for this you get $2500. I really don't see the problem. Name me a site that gladly lets you clear a $1500 bonus at the same time as a $1000 bonus.. btw- You'll earn 88,200 FPP clearing these, $1323 worth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know its easy to clear, but i still think they have a nerve making me clear the $1,500 bonus when i had to pay 100,000vpps for them in the first place. Its not like if you order a widescreen tv they make you clear a load more fpps.

I wanted to move back to party as well, but i also want to make the most out of my vpps ive got left. Still got 200,000 vpps which i'll use for more $1,500 bonuses, so looks like im gonna be stuck at stars for a while clearing my bonuses.

Don't get me wrong, its a nice problem to have, but really wanted to move back to party because their peak hours suit me more than stars (i live in UK).

TimM
11-02-2006, 06:32 PM
Well, maybe they are doing something right. I'm now tempted to shoot for SuperNova this year. I need 55,000 VPPs. It's doable but only if I move to 5/10 very soon and stay there, and only if I play every single hand I planned on playing for the rest of the year at Stars. In the process I will earn several bonuses at the higher rate ($1,500/100,000 FPP instead of $650/50,000 FPP), and earn them even faster than I otherwise would in the early months of next year if they continue this program.

And, of course, I just started the Full Tilt bonus, of which I've only cleared $160/$600 in the first week. Then i'd have to wait until next year to finish clearing it, with just enough time to keep it from expiring.

It's just kinda lame that if I followed my original plan of dividing my play among Stars and FT, making sure to earn at least 10,000 VPPs on Stars each month, I won't make SuperNova until this time next year since I have to start over in January.

I kind of feel like a pawn in the post Party Poker power vacuum turf war, but maybe it's a good thing if it makes all the sites throw bonus money at me. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Oh well, I guess I will try for Nova, but if I run bad I will have to drop and definitely won't make it in time.

WhatDoesCallMean
11-02-2006, 06:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why? So you can only play at certain times when it's convenient to you and not all the time?

[/ QUOTE ]

so u dont want any casual fish playing only when its convenient to them? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

rewarding loyalty is a good, nay, a great thing for a site to do BUT all sites must also try to attract more and more and more little fishies into the pond with sign-up/reload bonuses or else you guys who play all the time and not just when its convenient to you will soon get fed up feeding off each other.

5thStreetHog
11-02-2006, 07:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]

This bonus clearly does reward loyalty. I play there pretty much exclusively so I'm getting $1,000. Those who do not play as much get less. Those who don't play there much at all get nothing.

That's the way it should be.

Again, you want a bonus in the future, better start playing there. I hope all their bonuses are like this. THAT'S incentive to play there and anyone who denies this is full of it.

Ryan

[/ QUOTE ]You make alot of valid points.But this one bonus is enough to justify your complete loyalty?? Every minute i play poker online at AP im clearing a bonus,they are endless.So im very happy they finally threw you a bone for making them thousands upon thousands of dollars,but id like to see them establish a pattern of rewarding loyal players like yourself.This one bonus(although a good start,and maybe they are changing their philosophy),does not establish such a pattern as of yet.

5thStreetHog
11-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Btw,sounds like someone is in love /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif