PDA

View Full Version : would you have played this different?

tehDiceman
11-01-2006, 02:27 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (7 handed) Hand History Converter Tool (http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php) from FlopTurnRiver.com (http://www.flopturnriver.com) (Format: 2+2 Forums)

MP1 ($4.85)
MP2 ($3.24)
CO ($2.46)
Button ($0.58)
Hero ($2.68)
BB ($4.66)
UTG ($2.24)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.02, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls $0.02, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $0.04</font>, Hero calls $0.03, BB calls $0.02, UTG calls $0.02, CO calls $0.02.

Flop: ($0.20) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.04</font>, Button calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: ($0.32) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.04</font>, Button calls $0.04, Hero calls $0.04.

River: ($0.44) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: $0.44

Speedlimits
11-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Yes. Really though you made a lot of mistakes in this hand.

#1 Raise it pre flop.
#2 Fold flop.

4_2_it
11-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Pre-flop folding is probably best as the only flops you can like are KQx or ATJ. A K or Q high flop is big trouble multi-way OOP.

Post-flop, fold at the first opportunity. Why are you calling the flop bet? You have no clean outs on the turn.

MiJ305
11-01-2006, 02:59 PM
fold.everything.

Bowlboy
11-01-2006, 03:00 PM
A read on button and what he might min raise with after all those limpers could mean. Calling PF seems ok but i dont like 3betting this hand because the pot is already multiway, and you're not likely to chase many people out at these limits, and you are going to be oop for the rest of the hand against button that you know nothing about, so folding PF is an option.

The flop is horrible. You've completely missed and you are calling. Notice it's CO who has donked the flop. Its very likely you are drawing slim. Dont call with over cards on this flop just because it's cheap. Its still 2BB. The turn gives you a gut shot draw, but lets hope nobody is playing A6 because you are drawing dead again and will likely lose your stack should you river a Jack.

It's horrible to draw here. At these stakes you cant really get away with bluffing much against most players. I netted $60 in about 2k hands at those same tables on stars, though i was playing 6max. Imo, you'll be crushing these limits in no time if you just value bet your good hands, and only bluff those players who have shown their ability to fold.

tehDiceman
11-01-2006, 03:10 PM
i figured it wasnt smooth to be playing still. reads on the villian led me to believe that he was just trying to bet people out of the pot, even though the bets were small.

i ended up stacking him later, trips to his pair.

oh yea, i ended up winning this hand, the villian that was betting all this time had KJo. the other guy that called was a donk, he has 89o and was shortstacked the entire time i was at the table.

ActionStan
11-01-2006, 04:00 PM
Whether you won the hand or not isn't really material here. That no one hit something in a 4-way pot is a rare bit of luck, but not something to feel good about.

Playing KQo out of position just isn't going to pay in the long run. Calling along on an A-high board isn't going to play well either.

I guess I can see calling pre-flop. A raise isn't likley to drive out too many folks with that sort of multiway pot. I would be inclined to fold if you don't hit a strong draw or top pair. By calling that bet, you should have been looking fit or fold. And that flop clearly didn't fit.