PDA

View Full Version : A5s .25/.5

winky51
11-01-2006, 02:21 PM
Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
5 players
Converter (http://www.neildewhurst.com/hand-converter)

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/club.gif A/images/graemlins/club.gif
UTG calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB calls, Hero checks.

Flop: 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif ($2, 4 players)
SB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $2.1</font>, UTG folds, CO calls, SB folds.

Turn: 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($6.2, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $5.5</font>, CO calls.

River: 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif ($17.2, 2 players)

Villain is tight player but I am certian he doesnt play A6o, A7o and if he plays Axs he raises. Figured hed raise with a set or 2 pair. So I put him on the draw.

Turn brought a 9 which might have improved his hand 98.

The river I figured I'd check and let him bet. Thoughts?

homeslice
11-01-2006, 02:29 PM
This is a tough spot, w/ your read on him I c/c the river as well.

munkey
11-01-2006, 02:30 PM
Stack sizes plz.

Villan could hold also hold Ax where x&gt; your 5(because river pair needs a ten) and is calling down to keep the pot small. Your right though a draw str8 or flush does make up a large part of his range too.

You can check/call to induce river bluff if he's missed a draw and if he holds Axs you likely splitting unless he holds kicker ten+ (methinks).
if you bet he'll fold missed draws and call when he beats you/chops Ax.

Bowlboy
11-01-2006, 02:38 PM
If villian is tight here, why would he be calling with an oesd or FD? Against a loose fishy player i would be more inclined to put them on a draw. Against a tight player though, why make a psb on the flop? This seems -EV to me since you should only get called here by a better hand. I think that it's more likely villain is playing a hand like A6-A9. He cant like his hand a whole lot which is probably why he hasnt raised you, but maybe he figures if you had a better ace than him you would have tried to take this down PF.

Btw, about PF. Why not just raise that [censored] up and take it down right there?

winky51
11-01-2006, 04:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Btw, about PF. Why not just raise that [censored] up and take it down right there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Been raising a lot at this table and I'd have to raise quit a bit to make them all fold. Didn't like my position. 2 of the players were known to limp with AK AQ.

Thought about it though.

winky51
11-01-2006, 04:12 PM
Well I was right about his hand. I didnt check call a river bet and he did have a draw, J6 spades. UGH!

1st time I saw one of his hands.