PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to Neteller as a back up?

JerBear77
11-01-2006, 11:41 AM
Im from IL and obviously a US based customer. After reading the post on the 3rd quarter report from Neteller, IMO i think the best option is to find an alternative.

I play on ABS, UB and FT and all of them have have a Click2Pay option for deposits.

Anyone know if this works similar to neteller??
Im not a fan of opening a foreign account if it can be avioded.

5thStreetHog
11-01-2006, 03:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Im from IL and obviously a US based customer. After reading the post on the 3rd quarter report from Neteller, IMO i think the best option is to find an alternative.

I play on ABS, UB and FT and all of them have have a Click2Pay option for deposits.

Anyone know if this works similar to neteller??
Im not a fan of opening a foreign account if it can be avioded.

[/ QUOTE ] I also have been looking for backout plan.Ive been playing some on Absolute as well.Currently there is no other alternative for players at this site.You can deposit on AP with a variety of options,Epassporte,Click2pay,to name a few.But when it comes to withdraw they give exactly one alternative to Neteller,Paper Check.This poses a problem,since for alot of people it is essential to be able to move funds in and out,and to do so in a reasonable timeframe,to take advantage of AP`s biggest asset,their generous and numerous reloads.So,in responce to your question,no withdraw option with Click2Pay,at least on AP,and i might assume some other sites as well, is one major difference from Neteller.

demon102
11-02-2006, 03:49 AM
I used click2pay like 2 years ago before I started using firepay. Since firepay went to hell Ive been using my click2pay account and have been successful taking money from UB to full tilt. 5th u might have to deposit money first before u can withdraw with a new e-wallet. Before I took money out of UB I had to deposit first, I guess that is how they register the account or something. Sucks that stars doesnt work with click2pay though, does anyone have any info if stars will start taking click2pay and any info on the furture of click2pay?

5thStreetHog
11-02-2006, 05:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I used click2pay like 2 years ago before I started using firepay. Since firepay went to hell Ive been using my click2pay account and have been successful taking money from UB to full tilt. 5th u might have to deposit money first before u can withdraw with a new e-wallet. Before I took money out of UB I had to deposit first, I guess that is how they register the account or something. Sucks that stars doesnt work with click2pay though, does anyone have any info if stars will start taking click2pay and any info on the furture of click2pay?

[/ QUOTE ]Your right im sure Demon about those two sites,i was talking about Absolute specifically,i wanted to make sure i was correct so i emailed them,here was their responce(the 3rd paragragh is directed toward the thought i expressed to them about neteller possibly leaving the U.S. gaming market in the near future)..............

Currently, at Absolute Poker players have three methods to choose from when
withdrawing their funds, we process all withdrawals via NETeller or by check.
Checks can be requested via Regular Courier or Express Courier.

Click2Pay and Epassporte are part of our deposit methods options, however there
is no option to cashout through these means.

Unfortunately we cannot predict which methods will be available in the future.
However, you can rest assured that at Absolute Poker we are always looking to
offer the best banking options for our very valued players. We really appreciate
your feedback and comments in this matter.

Thanks for playing at Absolute Poker! If there is anything else we can help you
with, please let us know. We are here for you!

Sincerely,

Kyoko
Team Absolute ~ Customer Support

WalkAmongUs
11-02-2006, 09:04 AM
I will never recommed Click2Pay. I tried to set up an account there and they were supposed to call me to verify my security info.

They never called so I called them. I got someone on the phone who simply decided that I was lying about verifying my information and told me they weren't going to open my account.

I emailed them asking what was going on and told them I could fax them or email them or mail them any document they wished to verify my account and they emailed me back simply saying they would never open my account.

This was amazing to me so I opened up a MyCitadel Wallet and that went through piece of cake.

MyCitadel also stated that they will be serving US customers on a pocketfives poker podcast.

I recommmed using them instead of Click2Pay because Click2Pay seems too retarded to run their own business.

5thStreetHog
11-02-2006, 04:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I will never recommed Click2Pay. I tried to set up an account there and they were supposed to call me to verify my security info.

They never called so I called them. I got someone on the phone who simply decided that I was lying about verifying my information and told me they weren't going to open my account.

I emailed them asking what was going on and told them I could fax them or email them or mail them any document they wished to verify my account and they emailed me back simply saying they would never open my account.

This was amazing to me so I opened up a MyCitadel Wallet and that went through piece of cake.

MyCitadel also stated that they will be serving US customers on a pocketfives poker podcast.

I recommmed using them instead of Click2Pay because Click2Pay seems too retarded to run their own business.

[/ QUOTE ]What sites do MyCitadel currently service?

TobDog
11-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Some food for thought. If Neteller decides to quit servicing the USA, Absolute and all the other sites will pick up another processor to make withdrawls, they used to have Firepay, I am sure they(all of them) have some plan in case this happens, but if they currently have Neteller, thats the 'Visa' of online wallets for now, they dont have to move that fast to get a second one.

Think about it this way, if they only have cashout of paper check, how are people going to get funds into their site, they know we bounce money around, once it hits our hands, we cash it and spend it, they are not getting that money back. I wonder about it often, I do not worry about it much.

tobdog